1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karljd

karljd Regular member

same frequency no matter what box you have,so tell him what frequency your getting the channel on (if your in the same area and same provider)and tell him to do a manual scan.

2. jamie6666

jamie6666 Regular member

thanks hes not 2 bright i told him he cant find it

i really need an idiots guide god bless him

3. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

Shit can anyone help me, whats the name of the channel thats showing the fight? i dont seem to have it, im in North County Dublin connected to Ch^&us and i have a Eurovox Max 2008 Black !!

Thanks a lot
    S

4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Steve if you cant find the freqs you may have to do a factory default and a powerscan unless someone in your area gives you the freq's.

5. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

oh no man i have all me channels sorted, whats the name off the channel ? what time is ricky fatten on ? i mean Hatten

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I think it's 4:00am over here,

Thats the price you will have to pay if someone else doesn't give you the freqs to manual scan on, I dont know why people dont like the Fav sort, If you got used to this feature you would learn to like it and would save you the hassle of sorting your channels out everytinme you scan.

But thats your choice of course otherwise you will have to get used to your situation of asking for the freqs.

I hope you find it all the best.

7. heno2311

heno2311 Member

jamie tell ur mate its on channel 862 ppv and hatton due in the ring around 3.30am

8. malci

malci Guest

EDIT
    Post removed and placed on appropriate thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  9. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

Malci - I was wondering if you might have read my posting a few msgs prior. This relates to adding just a limited number of new channels directly to the backup CDF file and then downloading that to the box - as opposed to doing a complete scan and overwriting all the previous settings etc. There does appear to be the facility for adding a new program - however I am unsure as to what the codes in the columns mean and what is the logic for creating and adding such codes. Any help would be appreciated.

10. malci

malci Guest

Hi Eurogeek, presume you are talking about Voxer, understand where you are coming from, but I can honestly say that I do not know whether you have that facility, I do not bother with CDFs at all, so I can not help you sorry, Hiteck / scOuser / karl is your best bet, sure you will get to know whether it is possible, best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  11. jpatel123

jpatel123 Member

hey i have a eurovox V3 blue firmware 2006 i think and i have flashed it, however when i powerscan it does not pick up any channels. can anyone help. thankss

12. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

Malci - cheers for your response and yes it is the Vox that I am talking about. Not seen Scouser for sometime so I shall try and catch HiTeck over the next few days etc. - Eurogeek

13. malci

malci Guest

Your very welcome eurogeek, sorry I couldn't help further, but you will get to know whether it is possible or not, good luck.

14. jamie6666

jamie6666 Regular member

can anybody help me please im in liverpool virgn cable customer i have 36 tps can any1 tell me what channels are on what tp in my are as i constantly lose the odd channel and be great if i could just manual scan the 1 tp thanks

15. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

On the channel that says scrambled or goes blank just press info twice then you will see the frequency, now you know which its on when it disappears.

16. jamie6666

jamie6666 Regular member

thanks and so easy

17. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

HiTeck
    Forgive me for repeating this msg but I couldn't think oof any other way of bringing it to your attention and possible solution.

I have looked through the previous pages but have not been able to find a solution to the following and wondered if you might help.

If I run an update to the channel list there maybe 2 or 3 new channels added. Is it possible to add just the new channels to a cdf file and then download the updated cdf file to the Vox box - thus maintaining the integrity of the previous favourite listings. There does appear to be an option to add a new program in the cdf file maintenance options - but I do not recognise any of the codes that appear there - they look like hex codes. However, I would appreciate someone with a little more technical knowledge confirming what the columns mean, what the codes within the column mean and what is the logic to create them etc. The columns are Name,ID,PCR,VID,AUD,TTXT,PMT,CA Cheers for your help.

18. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Hi Eurogeek,

I have just looked at this and I cant see it being possible to add new channels as you would have to know the ID,PCR,VID,AUD,TTXT,PMT CA inputs. Why dont you try the Firmware for your box that has the autosort turned off by default. You will find the firmware link in the guide right at the bottom, this firmware allows you to update your channels without it messing with your channel order. If you decide to use it make sure you back up your CDF, then once its flashed do a factory default reboot the box then download the CDF back to your box.

Edit; Just a thought if you didn't want to try the firmware you could back up your original CDF then run an update, upload that CDF and copy and paste the info over but its a long way round, easier to do the above.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  19. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

HiTeck - cheers for the very quick reply. Its not so much the order of the channels that is the issue it is more to do with having to reset all the 'locked' and 'skip' channels to stop the 'younguns' from accidentally flicking over to a rather salubrious broadcast. So immediately an update happens I have to kick everyone out of the room and reset all the locks and skips and then they can get back to peaceful watching. Linked to this I have not been able to find the facility to apply these settings (lock and/or skip)directly to the cdf file - unless you know otherwise?

20. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Try THIS, I just had a look through it and it does give you the ability to lock/delete channels, as for adding it looks much the same as I already posted above. Let me know how you get on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.