1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

HiTeck - cheers for this. I shall download the prog and let you know how I get on etc.

2. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

HiTeck - well the Voxer program is just the ticket. Fully functional, simple to use and allows you to do all the things that you cannot do by the simple editing of the cdf file. So hats off to you and thank you very much.

3. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No problem mate, glad your sorted all the best :)

4. cinty

cinty Member

hi can anyone help i'v only 52 channels and i done a power scan but it didn't pick up anymore channels

5. pubmaster

pubmaster Member

Hi all

I have had some great help of here in the past, but now i am stumped again, so would love a little help.

I used to own a Eurovox Max {black i think} went through the problems of a few months back {would not update} but with the great help from this site managed to get the right cables and updated the firmware, problem sorted.

About a month ago i decided to treat myself to a newer box {Eurovox EX5000 PVR} and it has been great from day one straight out of the box.

My problem is my old Eurovox, i had just dissconected it and put it in the cupboard for a rainy day {emergency} well today {tuesday} a mate was at mine and saying how he wished he could get a box, but could not afford one before xmas.

So i fetched out my old Eurovox, connected it up, did a powerscan, 25 mins later it had picked up all the channels. So i told him, take it home, hook it up, and give it me back after chrimbo. {he wants the newer one when he can afford it}

Two hours later he is on the phone saying he has done the powerscan TWICE but it never finds any channels.

So to save time {i thought} i popped over to make sure he was doing it properly, nearly SIX HOURS later i to could not get any channels.

It goes through the powerscan {nearly one hour} and after it gets to 770 it just goes back to the same stage as before starting the powerscan, it never does the part after reaching 770 in the progress bar where it starts listing the tv channels on the left and the radio stations on the right? if you try and do a auto scan it comes up with the message "no transponder" i have tried reseting to default, and using both 6952 and 6887, both give the same result?

I know that he has a live line, as he has got the basic tv package, and as soon as i plug his v***** B** in he gets the basic channels back.

I gave up after nearly six hours and bought the box back home, unplugged my own box, plugged in the old Eurovox, did a quick auto scan {just to check} and bingo a few channels {all if i do a powerscan} So why cant i get it to work at my mates house?

Please help, so i can help him out.

6. kop119

kop119 Member

I have just bought new lcd tv,and since then my picture has been flickering interference on all channels,does anyone else have this problem??I thought maybe i need a new sheilded scart lead as the sound coming out of the left speaker and buzzing in the right one.I have the latest firmware and have all channels,maybe I need to install the 8% fix and this will cure it??? can anyone please help??

7. pubmaster

pubmaster Member

O.K. i have solved my problem {knew it was going to be something stupid}

It seems that where i was going wrong was, when my mate had set it up {wrong system rate} and then i changed it over to the right system rate, but the new settings did not take effect until after the box was turned off and then turned back on again.

Seems like i spent nearly six hours scanning the wrong system rate over and over, god i must be dumb lol

As soon as i took it back over to his this morning, changed the system rate, switched box off and back on, did a scan and suddenly 334 channels.

Oh well you live and learn.

8. plz_help_

plz_help_ Guest

hi, this is the very first time i have ever used this site. I recently purchased the eurovox ex5000, got all the channels great. BUT sk* comed* channel has audio over it! a couple of others have aswel. This makes it unwatchable. have reinstalled all channels, but makes no differance! I have definatly got the correct symbol rate 4 my area. would b great if someone could help. Thanks

9. waffa1

waffa1 Guest

Select your channel then press LANG on the remote ( red button ), select second option & then press enter. I learn't it on here, great site.

10. juc

juc Regular member

i used to have the eurovox and i just moved house,i'm getting nt hell in drogheda co louth in ireland via ariel, will the eurovox still work there? if so whats the going rate these days for one, i got my old one 2 years ago for 175 euro

11. Bobacat

Bobacat Guest

Hi anyone having any prolonged "Please Wait Updating Codes" recently? over the last few weeks it has been taking hours to come on ,same today 2 hours plus and still counting..im in Tyneside on V*%g*n.

12. malci

malci Guest

Yes it has been cracked, Telepest or Aunti hell? which.

13. williemcf

williemcf Member

same here ntl scotland is the same

14. jamie6666

jamie6666 Regular member

samer here lpool telepest 2 hours and counting any 1 know whats going on

15. amriko

amriko Guest

16. amriko

amriko Guest

same in Wolves - updating codes - any one know how to resolve

17. vidou

vidou Member

and again in belfast - have noticed recently this message has been appearing every day and disappearing eventually but now seems to on permanently. i'm on V***** and would appreciate any help/advice. cheers

18. Carol72

Carol72 Guest

Mines been saying the same too, noticed today the Please wait code being updated blurb, on a EVMV can anyone assist in gettin me my shake ass music back
    Leeds XXX

19. beaten

beaten Member

Mines been saying the same too, looks as if we might need a new firmware update, similar to the problem we had in March.

I can still get basic freeview through my V----n connection in Liverpool

Appreciate it if any one can help.

20. madrabUK

madrabUK Member

Hi, also from Belfast any luck with updating yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.