1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Romano

1Romano Member

Hi Guys,

I have two Eurovox Max boxes in my house. One downstairs in the living room and another box in my bedroom.

Yesterday, two of the channels I watch most ZEE TV and SET ASIA (sometimes called SENT ENT ASIA) both show the message no signal on the box in my bedroom. The box downstairs is working fine. I've never had this problem with these two channels before. I've tried auto scan, manual scan, channel edit and even power scan......but still the same message is displayed "NO SIGNAL........PLEASE WAIT CODE BEING UPDATED".

Can someone please give me some advice on what I can do to get those two channels back?

Another thing I've noticed is that when I do a power scan.....instead of saving the changes the screen appears with the options of:

AUTO SCAN
    MANUAL SCAN
    CHANNEL EDIT
    POWER SCAN

Why is this happening?

I live in London and my provider is Ex C*ble and W*rless.

In advance, many Thanks for your help.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Bring the b0x from your bedroom down to the living room and see if it works , if it does then there is a slight weak signal in the bedroom on that freq with them channels

3. 1Romano

1Romano Member

Thanks for that Celtic71. Your right it appears that I have a weaker signal in my room.

1) What do I do in order to overcome this?

2) Also, how is that all of a sudden the signal has become weaker? Channels that used to display "NO SIGNAL" are now working fine, yet the channels that used to work fine are now displaying "NO SIGNAL"?

3) why did it not save the power scan?

For your time, many thanks in advance.

4. Chetna

Chetna Member

hi fergus is the 8% problem on the ev unrepairable as a few of my friends have it why is this happening along with all the other signal problems a bit of a pain wait to hear from you when you have time thanks Bernie

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You cannot repair the 8% problem boxes need to be returned to the supplier not even jtag will fix the problem large door stoppers now or ash trays is all they are fit for not even firmware will repair these boxes as some people have tried to no avail

6. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

can anyone upload cdf file for ch//us to eamos thanks

7. Chetna

Chetna Member

thanks fergus i was sure that you had said that before but could not find it the evs just have to go back thanks again

8. funtommy

funtommy Member

I posted the 8% problem and tried everything... no luck. And also no luck with flea-bay seller either... many sh!tty mails sent but nothing. Does anyone know if we can send straight to manufacturer or if theres an internal upgrade we can do ourselves? Don't fancy throwing away all that money after just 2 months viewing...

If not, anyone know where I can get a propoer (working) replacement?

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You can only send to supplier only as the manufacturer will not entertain you sorry

10. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

Hi guys, Does anyone know what to do if theres a power cut and the eurovox is turned off and you plug it back in and there are no channels available.

Does everyone really live the box plugged in at all time?

I was just wondering about this because even if your going on holidays and want to switch of everything you get the stations back after a week if scrambled or codes change by Ch&rus
    I have a Eurovox 2008 Max V I think it has the beta 2 on it.

Also has anyone ever come across this before.
    I have 2 Ch&rus connections 1 down stairs and 1 upstairs.
    Downstairs i have the box
    But upstairs i cant watch Ch&rus which is on a seperate connection the screen jumps and half of the t.v screen is messed up the other half is perfect.

Is the eurovox down stairs interfering with the seperate connection downstairs....its painfully annoying !!

11. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi all wondering if anyone heard anything about N@l trying to knock off the eurovox tonight

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

Jaysus don't you start NEDSER you should no better.

13. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Honest to God strong rumour down here in waterford heard it from four different people, one working for N''

14. mikeyred

mikeyred Regular member

For fcuk lads, this crap has been doin the rounds the last couple of days, if the boxes ever go there will be no warning, just, BANG,gone. As for,"i heard it from someone in NXL", well every second person must be working in NXL, load of CRAP......

15. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

I just got a phone call from brother that N** are sending a virus down the cable to blow boxes or something like that its probably a load of crap anybody any ideas?

16. paddyv

paddyv Member

lads i had this problem with my box ;) spoke to the the bloke i bought mine off and he said that sure enough it was the main boards that was causing the problem and that it'd be cheaper to send back the main board and he'd send me a new one. I'm i.t. field engineer by trade and when I opened the box to remove the board i noticed that one of the connectors was half hangin out.. sure enough when I plugged all the connecters on the board in she loaded up straight away! just thought i'd fill you in, sure enough there is a problem if the manufacturers are sending out new boards but its worth a look..

17. Chetna

Chetna Member

hi lads i told a lot of friends to turn off tonight due to the rumour however we left ours on to tempt faith and so far nohing has happened except new channel Buzz Tv on 315 freq so reckon its the energy from Psychics on Buzz Tv that was sent down the line cheers B

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

look back to last night same rumour cop on folks its to stop you watching telly ffs

19. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Jesus id love to be as cocky as you, i did hear it from someone working der, why the f''' would i say otherwise..

20. Chetna

Chetna Member

hi nedser i guess that something could be going on we left our box on this evening ev max and every now and then there is a little squeek ut does not affect picture only last a few seconds reckon what you heard coud be true hope they dont blow legit tvs and boxes then who is trouble might just NxL to complain about interference cheers B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.