1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyred

mikeyred Regular member

Im not quoting you nedser, im quoting the other couple of dozen people who either rang or txt me to say they heard, from a friend who works in NXL or from a friend of a friend who knows someone who works in NXL, ive been hearing this crap since last tuesday, anyway im going back to watch the Spanish footie before the virus takes hold.

2. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

No bother mate..

3. shefblade

shefblade Member

hi , i have the latest euro vox max v and have a problem....i have no problem loading thr channels ,i have around 100 but when playing the any channel other than the basic itv,bbc's channels i loose the signal ( picture breaks up)after about 30 mins....if i turn off and leave for say 30 mins and turn back on reception is good again for around the same time and again i loose the signal..any ideas,do i need a booster ????
    thanks in antiscipation..

4. emmanneil

emmanneil Member

just wondering if anyone could help me in regards to the eurovox max , i have a slingbox connected to it and i can not change the channels over via the slingbox , my question is does anyone know the code for the slingbox to change the channel on the eurovox or does anyone know what type of IR Eye is in the eurovox ?
    Thanks

5. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

whats a sling box?

6. barm

barm Regular member

is it one of those AV senders that you can get in Argos?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  7. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

[/quote]

is it one of those AV senders that you can get in Argos?[/quote]

ah right i have one of those, did you get a wire with sticky pads on it? if you did stick one of the sticky pads on to the cable box where the infa red receptor is(to the left of were the cahannel number shows) and make sure the other end is pluged into the sling box.

make sure both sling boxes are the same channel and switched on then take your remote up stairs or where ever you got it and try it out. let me know if it works

8. tomnoc

tomnoc Member

Could some help please? I am trying to get teh epg to work properly on my eurovox max v. I have seareched this forum and found a thread explaing how to do it. I have followed the steps exactly but the time on my epg is an hour ahead. Ie it is showing teh prgrams that start at 9 pm starting at 10 pm. I am in Ireland

Here is a step by step of what I am doing ,hopefully someone can tell me where I am going wrong.

1 going to time settings and setting gmt on and setting it to -1 giving me teh current time, I then save and exit.

2 going to user installation and updating channels.

3 when it saves the update channels I go back to time settings and turn off gmt and save and exit. (when I go back to gmt I notice that the time displayed is also an hour ahead, ie it say 22 10 when the actual time is 21 10.

I have done this numerous times but alway end up with the epg being an hour out, can anyone suggest how I can sort this. I have the l.0 stc4 firmware

thanks

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

1 going to time settings and setting gmt on and setting it to -1 giving me teh current time, I then save and exit you need to turn gmt off

10. tomnoc

tomnoc Member

1 going to time settings and setting gmt on and setting it to -1 giving me teh current time, I then save and exit you need to turn gmt off

I have just tried that and the epg is still i hour ahead. It is telling me that the program that started as 10 pm is to start at 11.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Its a problem specific to the Irish EPG stream and the EV, in the UK it can be fixed by setting GMT to 00:00, but in Ireland you need to follow these instructions:

1. Pull plug on the back of the EV for a few seconds then plug back in again..
    2. When EV powers up, immediately press menu, config and time settings.
    3. Set correct time using GMT settings.
    4. Then turn GMT OFF.
    5. Press blue button to save and exit.

It may take more than one attempt so just be patient, it does work. One thing to note though when you have the EPG correct, is to just put it in standby at night, if you unplug it you will have to go through the whole process again.

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Heres a drunken skunk :)

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Too right dont know how long I can last so if I go off mid stream, my apologies :)

14. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ha ha , no worries , I be hitting the hay soon myself :)

15. tomnoc

tomnoc Member

Thanks scouser, I will keep trying so.

16. patrick56

patrick56 Member

hey guys ive managed to tune in most channels on my new eurovox max v 2008 but cant get bbc1 , 2 ,utv and channel 4 can anyone help please??im in limerick city ireland???

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Press menu, installation and user installation and post the frequencies you can see there. I will then hopefully be able to tell you which one you are missing.

18. blooper1

blooper1 Member

hey,new to the thread! can anyone help have a eurovox max had over 130channels, now have none,trying the power scan nothing....

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

blooper check your cables are secure coax into rf in and scart pushed in securely

20. patrick56

patrick56 Member

thanks scouser the frequency im missing is 426,000 but dnt know how to keep wat channels i have and tune in those wen i tried i lost everything else and only had bb 1 2 utv and c4 and nothing else wat can i do??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.