1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Hi mate
    I have used 2008 euromax.Tell you one thing clones are out as well so make sure you get user manual with it else it might be clone.
    yes IT looks GREAT. i would give 100 out of 100 for its looks and as for any other differences its faster then old Eurovoxes but tell you one thing it looks beautiful.

2. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

But if its only the looks it wouldn't make me want to buy one in what way are they faster?

3. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Channel switching is faster and they have better EPG which loads up faster.

4. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

I am just giving you features and for me looks do it all. Also its up to you if you want to go for one.

Now lets talk about other features.
    Apart from the shape of box itself there is nothing much to talk about. Thats why i gave this as the main difference.
    Remote is same as the old eurovox but its in black colour.
    box packaging is the same but its in black colour
    Manual is same
    So only box itself is different.

5. mcaweeny

mcaweeny Member

newcomer to this site having problems with eurovox 07 only have 53 channels tried all suggestions so far can eurovox be cloned like replay lite

6. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

YES there are clone boxes in every make and model.
    In your case i would suggets DO an AUTO SCAN. And afterwards if number of channels still dont increase then you will need to manually input the frequencies yourself. For the time being do auto scan before that delete the channels by going into channel manager. Then do auto scan. After that you should have enough channels.

7. mackatack

mackatack Member

i have a 2006 eurovox and have chorus coming out of the wall in my sitting room. i'm in maynooth but cannot seem to get any channels whatsoever. it is a cloned box though. is there anyone here that lives near me and can tell me if it works or not. and also can you give me all the codes for it. just want to make sure i have the right ones. thanks for your time

8. SOSinner

SOSinner Member

Hi, i have just bought a Eurovox Max V (Black), problem is that it seems to be locked to standby. The remote won't turn it on and i can't do it manually. I presume it is a faulty box, but if anyone knows differently, any help would be gratefully accepted.
    Cheers

Saint

9. witnessf

witnessf Member

I’m in D4 with anti hell. Having problems with Eurovox Max box in that the signal is getting broken up and freezing ever couple of seconds, it can sometimes clear, the signal is jumping around between 85 & 88%. It normally clears, but its now getting worse and worse (it was perfect for at least 3 weeks). It never freezes totally but just glitches all the time (which is way more annoying btw!). Do I need to update the software on the machine? Or is the signal coming in just not strong enough (i.e. bad luck).

Thanks

10. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Hi, I think your box has got the wrong software installed on it. Whoever sold you the box ask him to put the right software in it. This is major reason for box being stayed in lock position and also remote being not working.

11. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Check all the joints of cable you connect to and try to connect the box directly and see what it does. Also make sure all the copper in wire is touching and reaching all the connectors on the cable properly. If you are in ireland there are some areas where people cant get enough signal and MAX 2007 and MAX 2008 dont work properly in that case you need GENUINE MAX 2006 which does work properly. Finding one will be hard for you though unless you buy used one.

12. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

I'll second this idea by Cableman as im in Waterford and with antihell and i had 2007 and after a while it just stopped because they did something to weaken the signal in my area but yet it works grand in other areas of the city so i swapped it for a 2006 and it works perfectly now all 135 channels..

13. mcaweeny

mcaweeny Member

14. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Hi,
    Yes there are clones in almost all models of cable boxes. One thing you could try is get the list of frequencies of channels in your area. feed them in your box and then scan the box. MOST OF THE PEOPLE DO THE MISTAKE OF POWER SCANNING THEIR BOX, dont power scan the box instead use AUTO SCAN which is far better as well as quicker.
    Let us know what area you are in (NTHELL or TELEPEST) and we might e able to give you list of frequencies.

15. witnessf

witnessf Member

would something like this help me out regarding my signal problems?

16. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Nope it only works for satellite signals. Also there is not much you can do with cable's signals. My best suggestion would be to go for a 2006 max, it would be like finding a needle in hay stock but its all worth it.

17. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I think mcaweeny was asking if the Eurovox can be duplicated(Cloned) from another good working box. I don't think he/she was referring to imitation boxes?

Does anyone know if you can take a box that's already setup & connect it to one that is not & duplicate(Clone)? If yes? can someone post instructions?

18. barm

barm Regular member

Try going to control panel on your pc and then go to device manager and enable the usb your adapter is linked up to.
    Did you buy adapter on e-bay from china? i bought one and it would'nt work but got one in Maplins and it worked fine

19. barm

barm Regular member

Did you try bring a coax from 'rf out' on 2006 box to 'rf in' on 2007 box?

20. will200

will200 Guest

Hi, loads of you guys seem really clued up on this stuff so hoping you may be able to help me! I have a eurovox max (bought yesterday) which I set up with no bother but some channels give me a full screen picture while others - like bbc - give me only a letterbox look with thick black lines at the top & bottom of the screen.

How can I make all the channels full screen please, its driving me mental now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.