1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharpei1

sharpei1 Guest

I have a vm box and that is working fine.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Strange indeed, try it from the direct feed, i.e. take away any splitters. If the problem persists I would recommend a reflash. After that if its still not working your tuner may have gone.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  3. sharpei1

sharpei1 Guest

I have removed the splitter and it still says no signal.How do you reflash? sorry really dont have a clue im a woman.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Dont put women down :) Go to Eamos FTA Library at the bottom of my post you will find all you need there, guides, firmware etc. Apologies but I have to leave for a bit.

5. dodzy

dodzy Member

Hi folks,

no luck finding a solution for this. Any input appreciated. The problem:

Eurovox Max - working fine in my house. NO SIGNAL message in friends house. Cable reception direct is fine, no problems. There was no isolator fitted so i connected one up. Still same message. On the TPs, the signal initially is around 83% ( same in my house ) but fluctuates into the red periodically, every few seconds and then recovers. Tried a booster as reccomended, no improvement. Fitted 6DB att - nothing. Fitted 12DB atten - picture ! but very heavy pixellation. Added a third 6DB att. - no signal. Tried this at another friends house ( in the same estate as the problem - SAME issue but fine 1/2 KM away in my estate. ) Obviously a signal issue, I am thinking, but too strong ? Maybe a variable attenuator of some description ? Any ideas Scouse / lads / ladies ?

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

What firmware have you on the box at the moment

7. dodzy

dodzy Member

Hi Ferg,

Kuro update. Have tried previous versions ( back to June 07 ) and changed boxes - same problem. Seems indigenous to the actual area (allbeit a fairly big estate ). Stumped big time on this one. ( Did factory reset, clear all data / reflash several times to no avail. Several pints paid for if fix is forthcoming ;-)

8. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi dodzy i had the same problem before, i had a 2007 EV (red box in packaging)downstairs and a 2006(blue box) upstairs but the 2007 one just stopped working, 'no signal' but the 2006 was perfect. i tried everything to try fix the problem but no joy, it may sound strange but only around the corner in a different estate the box worked fine so i ended up having to swap it with a mate who had a 2006 one, to be honest with ya it did my head in, tried signal boosters the lot but just came to the conclusion that its something to do with the signal in your estate, wot kind of box (new or old)is it out of interest?

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

try putting the cable into the output i know on the krypt this acts as an attenuator otherwise you might have to split the feed and put a few of them on it if the signal is to strong another guy had 4 of these on his box to get it to work cable to strong ok

10. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Just seen this now, sorry, have you any way of trying one of the older boxes,2006 preferably, where abouts are ya mate?

11. dodzy

dodzy Member

Yep, as i've said, took it down by 12DB and got some hint of picture, nothing at 6DB or 18DB so i'm wondering it the tuner in this box that tight ? I wouldn'ty have thought so. I'd kill to borrow a krypt or starview / dbox to test this. I've read on several forums that the tuner in these boxes are temperamental....

The "8% signal" problem has affected many and no fix as yet I believe, just return to sender for replacement. These boxes are fine when they work, but this house is absolutely melting my head. Already rewired from the main box (up on the eaves of the house, ( supply not from underground) with good quality cable and fittings and still nothing. The real bugger is that the box DID work before ! For several months without problem in fact ! And nothing has changed with the setup, by that I mean the house owner has done nothing ;-)

12. dodzy

dodzy Member

Cheers Nedser for the input,

I've tried both the 2008 & 2007 ( RED ) and neither work. Flashed with several software revs. No joy. Dublin 15 area.

13. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

I know it mite be easy for me to say but it was the 2006 (blue) one which never gave me that particular problem and it always worked anywhere i tried it, can you get your hands on one to try it out.. its a pity, im in Waterford, i know wot you're going through it did me head in..

14. dodzy

dodzy Member

Cheers Nedser,

Blues ( originals ) are pretty thin on the ground. General consesus is that they have the stronger of the tuners in the lineup and that subsequent models ( red / black ) are poor by comparison.

That said, if you have a Max with the Kuro update - and its working where you are,then you are a happy camper as the EPG and MENU layout are in my opinion 2nd to none. Ah well, maybe someday. I'm adamant that the incoming signal is different in some way in this particular area. Thank f**k it ain't mine though.....

We'll fight on. There has to be a way. I know this is hurting a lot of users, so rest assured, if i find a fix, it'll be posted !

15. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Gonna pm ya dodzy..

16. eoininho

eoininho Member

any updates on C**rus network naas, co kildare.. still not getting lots of channels and iv lost a few... sky prem for eg

cheers

17. kathkin

kathkin Member

i had same like problem .fluctuating signals.just look at the connector they given to attach the cable.just open it and see is the cable copper wire ,the time we connecting just going it between that.not touching.try to do in that way.i am talking about the f connector

18. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Hi, I had same problem in 2 different houses with Max V's, I tried a variable attenuator, & it didn't work, In the end what I had to do was put in 2 max 2006's and they worked fine, Must be a problem with the max v's tuners.

19. CozMurphy

CozMurphy Member

My Eurovox Max arrived today.I've been looking through the forum for
    an installation guide but haven't been able to find one.Does anybody have a link? Thanks.

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you should find one in the eko site in the euro folder just look in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.