1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcaweeny

mcaweeny Member

2. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Will200,

that's to do with "Standard TV 4:3" and "Widescreen TV 16:9"

Widescreen 16:9 is the the one that gives you the black strip on the top & bottom of the screen & Standard TV 4:3 fills the whole screen.

Sometimes this can be down to the method used by the particular TV Station to transmit, you can however define the picture to be either 4:3 or 16:9 on most boxes though the menu's somewhere.

3. will200

will200 Guest

Gman, thanks for that - any idea how to do it on my Eurovox max box, I've searched through the menu's loads but must be missing something somewhere?

4. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Sorry will200, I'm using a Replay Lite so I'm not familiar with the menus on the Eurovox. I'd imagine though that it would have the option. It might be in the initial setup section but I can't be sure. I'm sure someone here knows if it has & where it is?

5. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

I DONT UNDERSTAND, Why people dont ask their dealers first about the faulty boxes and problematic boxes. I am sure it makes relation better between buyer and the seller as well as it gives oppurtunity to buyers to find out what kind of seller they dealt with and is he any helpful or not.

Here are the settings for Wil200 for your eurovox,
    Go into MENU
    Go to TV SETTINGS from CONFIG
    Once in TV Settings Go down to SCREEN MODE
    and change it to FULLSCREEN.

6. will200

will200 Guest

Cable,

I have emailed the dealer about the problem but as yet he hasn't responded so I thouht I would try my luck on here. Should I be able to resolve the problem I will of course post the fix up here which may help others in the future.

I have tried changing screen size from letterbox to full screen previously but this has not resolved the issue, thank you for trying to help me though.

7. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Ok here are my full settings which work perfect on 2006 Eurovox and should be ok for 2007 as well.

Go into MENU > CONFIG > TV SETTINGS
    SO settings are like that

TV MODE: Multi
    VIDEO OUTPUT: RGB
    SCREEN MODE: FULL SCREEN
    SPDIF OUTPUT: ON
    UHF MODE: PAL B/G
    UHF CHANNEL: 40

copy these and hopefully they should work, aslo it depends on your tv as well as how your box is connected to tv (Via SCART or VIDEO OUT)
    Mine is NORMAL TV (NOT WIDESCREEN)
    BOX is connected via SCART.

8. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Also You will need to SAVE settings before exiting the menu by pressing corresponding colour button shown underneath the menu

9. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

hi all,
    having a problem with a eurovox i am trying to set up for a mate.
    When i do a powerscan it is picking up all 13 transponders NT* Dublin)
    But only pick up between 40 and 60 channels, plus the channels are not named , just tvch1 etc.
    I thought it was a signal issue and bought a signal booster but it is still the same if not worse.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks
    Sham

10. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Golden Rule being telling everyone. DONT DO POWER SCAN! Do AUTO SCAN and you should get better channels. second thing is frequencies you do have to put some frequencies manually. Copy frequencies of channels you are getting and your mate isnt and then enter them in his box, then do auto scan and you should have all channels you want.

11. Bob66

Bob66 Member

13 is all your suppose to have, the easiest way to see if you have a bad signal is to highlight each freq. one by one, if the the quality shoots up and down then you know it's a bad signal, Make sure your connected straight to the Nt* box, and not through any splitters.

12. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

has someone got a list of frequency's ?
    Sorry if I am being lazy , I had a look here but can't seem to find them.
    Thanks all for the advice.
    I setup 4 other boxes on the same road with no problems but for some reason this house is a nightmare.
    Thanks Again.
    Sham.

13. Bob66

Bob66 Member

01. 291
    02. 299
    03. 307
    04. 315
    05. 323
    06. 339
    07. 347
    08. 355
    09. 363
    10. 371
    11. 379
    12. 387
    13. 395

Symbol Rate 6887

14. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

thanks bob.
    So i take it there is a difference when doing a power scan on 6.887 from 200mhz to 400mhz and actually entering the frequency's and doing an autoscan?
    I will try it, nothing to lose at this stage.
    Thanks all for the tips.
    Sham

15. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Not really, Just make sure you have a good signal, a booster won't help you, if it is bad most likely it's a bad cable or splitter.

16. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi all, to be honest i think once your signal is good and your symbol rate is the right one for your location a powerscan will always get you all the channels available which for me is about 135+ i've put in numerous boxes with 6.887 as symbol rate and i've always got the 13 pages of frequencies and the relevant channels.

17. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi all, to be honest i think once your signal is good and your symbol rate is the right one for your location a powerscan will always get you all the channels available which for me is about 135+ i've put in numerous boxes with 6.887 as symbol rate and i've always got the 13 pages of frequencies and the relevant channels.

18. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

I have done about 40 of these in the past few months using 6.887 and powerscan and all worked fine. I have done some on the same road that I am having problems with and they are fine also. There is some old booster in the house which leads me to believe there is a signal problem.
    It does pick up all the transponders but only some of the channels and doesnt find the name of them. I will try the autoscan anyway I have nothing to lose. Its a stange one

19. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Id say its a signal problem i had a similar situation in a house i was doing one in it was a fairly old spilter he had and when he got it updated it wored fine..

20. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

thanks for all the help guys.
    Got it sorted, I bought a new RF filter (one already there looked a bit dodgy). Got the channels with a powerscan straight away.
    Cheers for all the advice.
    Sham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.