1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameseire

jameseire Member

wats the story with this bullshit? do we have to enter in new codes every day now?

2. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Now don't be silly Miss, that clearly does not compute! ;)

In all seriousness though, thank you for your support and willingness to continue to provide information.

3. crezza79

crezza79 Member

i hope not, the new firmware is meant to be released tonight, that will fix the problem

4. geraldor4

geraldor4 Member

Hey crezza, by the new firmware being released tonight, does that mean our channels should be permanent (as in we dont have to constantly input codes)???

5. crezza79

crezza79 Member

yes thats what we've been told on here, i think its on this toolbar where you can get it off, it also gives you all the new codes you will need until then http://bigmaq.ourtoolbar.com/

6. SD66

SD66 Guest

First post from me and it's not to ask for codes or help!

By reading through this thread I was able to suss out who my provider is for my area (and it wasn't who I thought it was!!) and input the correct codes as explained in this thread.

The point of this post is to tell all the noobs, read before you ask for help. Everything you need is already in this thread. Honestly.

Finally, big thanks to all the guys giving out help here, appreciate it.

7. kingo30

kingo30 Guest

new firmware released for v max on bigmaq update/fixes anyone tried this yet ??

8. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

If I may intercede here?
    The new firmware will ( if it works as it has in the past ) indeed mean that your box will continue to auto update as it did in the past. However you will need to connect your box to your PC by the means of a null modem cable ( RS232 DB9F to DB9F ) then use files downloaded from the net to flash the firmware of your box ( and then render it a 'new' box ) so that it is able to deal with the new VM code roll outs.

cables are available from many places but can be had for as little as £3.50 from ebay. ( I will not provide links as I have an interest in this area ).

9. Khorus

Khorus Member

New Chorus Codes (for tonight):
    00 = c0 0f 19 46 cb 6d 93 df
    01 = 12 98 91 94 d9 d5 c3 09

Hope this helps!

10. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

good work fella. This kind of attitude is all that is required. If you can follow this advice and then be stuck then of course ask for help but it should be easy to manage your own update by taking a little time to read the information provided by the forum regulars and helpful members.

11. juc

juc Regular member

hey ya guys your probably getting this question a lot but can anyone answer for sure is this code changing going to keep happening every day on the eurovox?

12. BonzoDog

BonzoDog Member

Out of interest I'm an oddball Mac user, would I be able to flash the box from the Mac, or will I have to use daughters PC and be dissed by her??

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  13. kingo30

kingo30 Guest

just updated to the new firmware with the fix for the auto roll will give it a try and let u know

14. Khorus

Khorus Member

No idea, one guy stated that its a test for a week - 10 days to try annoy us all and give into the subscription fews.
    I agree it has to be causing NTHell and Khorus a lot of money to be sending these pulses (otherwise they would be doing it constantly.
    I however was expecting it th one last 2 nights cz of the champions league games (which attracts the most viewers) but sure we can all unplug the boxes and watch on rte. I would have taught they would be hitting us when there is a match on sky / s*tanta but we will see over the wknd when Utd play Arsen*l.

Does anybody else have any views on this?

15. stapo

stapo Member

I have a eurovox and its off a week now, i tried using different codes and no joy.

I've borrowed a box called "The box" and it worked straight away with no manual input. should i throw my euro vox out and spend cash on one of these as we miss the extra channels. Dublin

16. jah1970

jah1970 Guest

hi there
    ive found this site and your valued information a god send,
    i only purchased this eurovox box 1 week ago and talk about a pain in the bum ,it went of after 3 days saying codes been updated ,but with all the help ive read here ive managed to get the codes required by downloading bigmaq iplay as suggested and feel a little more hope with having this , but could someone please explain all ive read about filmware and flashing as i havnt a clue wot yr on about
    by the way much appreciation for all the help ive recieved just by reading your forum

17. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

you need an RS232 serial port and I've not seen how the new flash will be set up. If there is a windows exe involved ten of course your daughter will win out. Turn it into a teaching exercise;) " look at this interesting ( and illegal ) stuff I'm teaching you!.

Honestly, it's not illegal, to own or sell these boxes. It is illegal to continue to receive services to which you don't pay a subscription to the licensed provider.

18. JJ5673

JJ5673 Member

Guy,

Please let me appologies if I am doing this wrong first of all and I have upset or offended anyone, but I REALLY REALLY need your expert help!!

I have to normal "please wait, code being updated" as many other people here, but I seem to have followed ALL the steps, very carefully and my Eurovox is still not working! It is the 2008 version and is brand new and was working fine!!
    I live in St.Helens which is in between Manachester and Liverpool and am a Virgin Media subscriber.
    I have put in all the below codes with no joy:

Povider 5C01
    key00 ed 74 1e 7a 5f 6b 60 40
    key01 71 0d ac f3 28 a4 ff 40

Provider 5A01
    key00 4c D8 A0 68 f0 40 6a 24
    key01 2d ca ce 92 1c f8 52 3e

Provider 5401
    key00 7a f7 51 59 72 d6 37 a7
    key01 e5 34 77 90 8b 06 dd60

Provider 1D01
    key00 52 3d df 2e 80 a4 f9 6a
    key01 19 d6 58 d4 53 11 e6 06

Provider 5A 01
    key02 D8 9B E6 5E 3A 0C 45 AE
    key01 B5 AA 58 2D 64 5E E1 05

I have also pressed 1968 and enabled the emm capture and saved it, but still no joy??!!

PLEASE PLEASE can someone help, as his was a birthday present for me on 7/4/08 and I have only watched it for 1 day until this message came up.

Again, I am really sorry if i've upset anyone with this posting, but this was my last choice before sending it back.

JJ

19. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

stapo any eurovoxes ive updated or anyone i know with one are all working fine after manual in put so i would'nt throw it out are you sure your following instructions carefully which are

menu

yellow button

provider Id: input whichever prov id

00: input new codes

01: input new codes

ok to store and exit.

20. PeterLFC

PeterLFC Member

Please Help....
    None of the codes seem to work for me.
    I may be doing something wrong.
    I am in Merseyside, Using Eurovox Max V.
    How do I find my provider?
    I know its virgin but that is not on the list.
    What is the code and where do I put it in?
    Is it Via Menu - Yellow button or menu - language 19681968.
    PLEASE HELP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.