1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eurovox max red box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by laddieleg, Aug 22, 2007.

1. laddieleg

laddieleg Member

Hello everyone, i'm new to this site and i was just wondering if you could help me, i bought a eurobox about 6 months ago and have never been able to get it working properly, picture goes on and off, keep getting the message no signal, so i thought maybe because i only have broadband that the signal for the tv was'nt strong enough, but recently i have aquired an old chipped nthell box which works fine with the few channels i can get on it like sly sports, uk bold etc, so that got me thinking and as my cousin down the street has a starview box i decided to try that on my connection and it worked perfectly, then i tried my box on his connection and that worked aswell, i've just tried to update the firmware, and i'm not sure if it has worked or not, it still says software v1 28/6/07, does anybody have any ideas please, thanks.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Is it definitely a red eurovox and when you say the box worked in his house there was no signal problems with it. The firmware update may help but I just need you to clarify your query before I can ascertain your problem.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  3. laddieleg

laddieleg Member

Sorry i have not replied scouser, thought no-one had replied, anyway the the eurovox came in a red packaging box, thats say eurovox max 2007, from reading other peoples posts i assumed that made it a red box, once again sorry for not replying sooner.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem, the 2007 model has a tuning problem with weak signals, either take out the splitter between your modem and the Eurovox and see does this make a difference or install a booster.

Have you updated it as you said and has this had any improvement?

5. laddieleg

laddieleg Member

Hello again, i have tried tuning the box without the splitter and it did'nt make any difference, neither did updating the firmware, strangely enough i have managed to get tv programmes on it but they only last for 5 minutes or so, then the picture starts to break up again, and it also works better if i mute the sound.
    I have had a look at the pictures of how to tell if the box is a clone and it seems to be genuine, i thought maybe it is a duff box but like i said it works perfect on my cousins connection, i think i might just swap him, that seems the best solution, it is doing my head in.