1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sxxo

sxxo Member

what is firmwire software does this do the updating of codes??what do you do to get it??

2. typera12

typera12 Member

you get the software here www.freewebs.com/cableassist/eurovoxproducts.htm you need a null modem cable to update the box which you can buy in maplins

3. MrTrebus

MrTrebus Member

its out NOW !!!!!

apologies if I'm not supposed to add the link here ( I got it from a different forum)

http://www.box.net/shared/static/m5eo2cbkkg.rar

password is "techwatch" without the "

4. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

Originally posted by gracem:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi , updated black box with new image but still its stuck on code being updated (chorus)for the last 25 mins, any ideas has anybody else tried it yet?

Did you reset to factory settings and powerscan after?

I am with chorus too, just a quick question before flashing, I have the october firmware, do I need to upgrade to march firmware before upgrading to this one?

5. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

You look on your screen particular to peoples signatures if you are studying technical sh*t from electronincs, STB'S, MCP, A+ etc get my drift m8.

KMAC.

6. gracem

gracem Member

Hi , Follwed all instructions with new software , done a factory reset and then powerscan found all channels but it will not update the code for ch***s , emu is on. They are not listed in the default providers would this make a difference where as N*l are and might explain why on a previous post its working for that provider?

7. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

May I ask why you did not create a ch dump and reload this back to your box after the upgrade?

KMAC.

8. gracem

gracem Member

You may :)

At this stage i know the transponders off by heart , and a powerscan always works fine for me , i update the channels and any missing transponders i add manually.It found all the channels and you can watch the free ones like euronews but it will not update the code on the others, sure a channel dump wouldn't make a difference to this problem i think . Unless this provider is using a different method than the others?

9. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

If this is the case and it is not working on certain lands in ireland I would expect that another upgrade will be available shortly but as I say doll I have no way of testing eire here in The city of blinding lights and funny walks.

KMAC.

10. keycentre

keycentre Member

Two points here if I may - 1. The Blue Box software is being pulled back for a day or so. The test time on it was less due to the availability and it's to be run under a number of certain criteria - going to release a BETA - make it a good one is the argument I hear.

Chorus & All Irish users of these units - a quick breakdown of the difference between some of the well known units (there's no point in buying a box of a supplier, eB;y, the elusive 'man in the pub' because a mate in the city has one - when, where you live you'll get the same results as long as you buy the right one ;)

Hi Blue - the Eurovox MAX is NOT designed to work with Chorus. The Replay Lite has specifically been designed for Chorus (image 7.56 and new 9.06).

And no - you don't have to do any incremental upgrades - it's been tested on older pre-coded boxes as well as brand new one ;)

I appreciate we've a lot of Irish members here - can I just say this once so you may quote it to anyone asking :

Eurovox MAX (Cable Receiver - Nt*ll for Southern Ireland)

Replay Lite (Cable Receiver both Ntell and Ch0rus - change the symbol rate from 6887 to 6875 before scanning as this applies only to the Chorus system)

DM500/DVB500/other similar clones : all 'Linux' based and are bEing worked on by literally thousandS of people right now (These and the trusty original DBOX1/2 were all open source Linux - which means anyone can go in, make changes and upload for others) The other boxes, MAX/Lite/Digi/Starview etc are all closed source - basically you can't write your own. So - as soon as the respective teams who carry these units into the UK have perfected an autoroll system they'll undoubtedly release it - in the meantime my only advise is to sit tight and plug your cable co back in. With key rolls happening so regularly 'right now' it's likely to be more frustrating than anything else.

Eurovox TX - for many areas outwith the Irish cable market (places like Cork and Limerick). It's similar to the fated On Digital system - but uses MMDS (Microwave technology) to carry the signal. What what I've heard it's a great system - take cable's 200+ channels, strip out the cobblers and leave it with 60+ worthwhile channels. If you have a pure MMDS system - (i.e. not via Ch0rus or N*el just swap it for your existing box, scan for about 90 seconds and thats you done. Technically as long as your in the right area - just buy the appropriate aerial - then shinny up the drainpipe - free TV - lol

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  11. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

there you go :)

12. keycentre

keycentre Member

LOL - bear in mind that the new MAX autosorts the favourites into groups for you as part of it's fast install routine. As the Replay Lite does chorus and not the MAX it's not relevant.

Cheers

13. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

Hi Keycentre

I have a eurovox max V 2008, it has been working with chorus ( digital ) since I bought it. What you mean it hasn't been designed to work with chorus? dont scare me :) ..... Does this mean that the new firmware wont fix chorus?
    tks

14. ptmacey

ptmacey Guest

just updated to the new firmware on eurovox in fact it updated so quickly on sly sports i did nt even see the updating code message,it came on straight away,on telepesf/vermin west midlands

15. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

LOL - bear in mind that the new MAX autosorts the favourites into groups for you as part of it's fast install routine. As the Replay Lite does chorus and not the MAX it's not relevant.

Cheers[/quote]

LOL - the previous firmware autosorted and is not a 'new' feature to this release :)

Pls note it is good practice to pre load a ch dump to save possible issues lol

KMAC.

16. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

there are 2 systems, ch*rus mmds and ch*rus true cable. the box your talkin about is for cable which has just been updated....don't worry!!

17. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Hey man, what do I use to unzip the files? Is it winrar, and could you point me in the right direction if it is?

Cheers

18. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

you can use winrar m8 yes.

Look in 'other tech files'

KMAC.

19. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Thanks KMAC< u are a gentleman.

20. jayo2005

jayo2005 Member

Lads i dont care if it autosorted ye should PM each other on that. is the patch working in Ireland or not. No point in talking about The Replay Lite and Linux based boxes when you said a few hours ago that the patch was tested in uk and EIRE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.