1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Just to be on the safe side 'my personal opinion' would be to gather more feedback first, and you are right lets keep this thread simple to others and only related to the topic :)

KMAC.

2. keycentre

keycentre Member

Thanks for the confirmation that Ch0rus was working prior to keyroll Suffy (it's late and I was double checking) :)

This s a BETA relase adn I've no doubt what was working before will work again.

@jayo2005 - I'm sorry to hear your box is not yet fixed to your satisfaction. I'm sure you'll get what you want in the end.

Nice chatting here today.

Cest la vie

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  3. suffy88

suffy88 Member

I can confirm that Ch0rus Cable (NOT Ch0rus MMDS) worked perfectly with the Eurovox Max V up until the recent changes, since then I've had to input the new keys manually everyday. I've been waiting for the new firmware but am a bit concerned that some Ch0rus users on here seem to be having problems with it, can anyone confirm if they got the new firmware to work with Ch0rus?

4. dudleybug

dudleybug Guest

had to say thanks also
    been scratching my head for days waiting to get the codes for the dudley area..scrolling through pages of posts...
    just downloaded this toolbar and its mint....
    got the new codes straight away...
    although its too late to watch tv now...lol
    thanks again m8...life saver....

5. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

i have the eurovox max v in south ireland and just put on the new firmware and it worked, did factory reset an scan and it updated itself, happy days, thanks a mil for all your work

kmac i cant seem to configure a com port on the laptop, i have a usb to 9 pin male connected to female to female 9 pin then connected to the eurovox
    im on windows vista home, i tried celtics post here but i just cant grasp it
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/641862

any help greatly appreciated

6. voxfan

voxfan Member

Does anyone have the latest firmware for Eurovox Max 4? Will Max 5 software work with these boxes?

7. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Axxo
    Just saw your post. Are you on N** or Ch**us.

Any Ch**us user uploaded the firmware yet and if so whats the result ?????

8. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Hi,

I dont know if it will be much help but I do no that e*bay item: 270226916914 does work this is USB to RS323 (9 pins) Adapter &
    USB 2.0 compliant. If you get it ensure you install the correct drivers manually from the wee disk. This will work with the original cable you got with your Set Top Box.

KMAC.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  9. PEWB

PEWB Guest

Hi , Can anyone advise please , I have a Euro-vOX MaxV , Where do I get the latest firmware and instructions please

10. fatsam123

fatsam123 Member

HI ALL I NEED SOFTWARE AND KIT FOR EURO VOX MAX
    CAN SOME HELP ME

11. nkyrfc

nkyrfc Member

hi i have a 2006 eurovox, could some1 plz help me with the new firmware and how to flash the box,i am in lanarkshire scotland and using tpest, many thanks

12. malci

malci Guest

Everything you need is in eamo's library - help - firmware -software

Eamo's Library - http://eko.4shared.com/

PEWB you will also find what you want here

13. barm

barm Regular member

Thanks Mr Trebus, but could you ask people to PM you for the link because the mods will close this thread for breaking rules.
    And as you can see it is a very helpful thread.:)

14. dubzorro

dubzorro Member

Thanks Emman

15. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Hi,

I uploaded the latest firmware last night as soon as it was released.
    Instructions etc you will also find in my signature for Evaluation and Educational purposes.

KMAC.

16. kwackgt

kwackgt Member

Thanks to all who have been working on the new firmware update for the Eurovox max- (will get my null modem cable today!).

Questions: when it auto sorts, does it also auto sort the main channel listing ie. BBC1,2,3,4,Itv1,2,3... etc or only group them into 'movies' 'sport' etc. As with the old firmware i would spend an hour or so, manually re-organsing the channel listing.
    If not, can i 'upload' my channel listing arrangement onto my pc, so that once my box is flashed, factory reset - i can download my listing to the box to save time?

On the features side, can someone explain to me the purpose of the pause button, as it appears to be of no use. Also im unsure as to the use of the timer, which appears to be for recording channels??- would that activate an external recorder?

17. mandy07

mandy07 Member

hi KMACDON sorry for bothering u but im new to this and totally confused im from limerick on ch**us just want to no which link i use to download so i dont have to manually put in codes anymore ,i no there on the forum already but theres so many askin questions im just totally confused any help appreciated thanking u

18. 81hammer

81hammer Member

Hi Guys
    I have a eurovox max that I bought in 2006 the one with the silver and black front on it , I was hoping that the new software for the eurovox max v would work on this model . Cheers
    Hammer

19. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

KMACDON

You say a channell dump might help.I am with chorus, going to try later on.( need to get a lend of a old laptop... )Can you please adivse on steps:

I suppose:

1.take Channell dump
    2.Flash firmware
    3. reset fact settings
    4. power scan

is this right?
    anybody tried on chorus?

20. ptmacey

ptmacey Guest

I installed new firmware last night and have been waiting for new keys to roll out to see if the fix is working ,ive never actually wanted them to do this before,anyway i got sick of waiting and wondering if the fix is gonna work,so i put in an incorrect key just to see if it would update correctly ,after an anxious couple of minutes waiting ,it indeed did update correctly, so it seems that the fix is working.Thank you mr verminmedia you`ve given me a headache for a few days now !the plus point of all this hassle is i think everyones got to know their euros more intimately with manual key entry and firmware updates and the like.And yes mr vermin i will switch straight back to the older firmware in a few mins if you revert back to old key method cuz i can see that one a mile off,(no key roll today?,back to the drawing board mr vermin LOL)THANX FOR THE HELP GUYS ps vermin/telepest west midlands

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.