1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eoininho

eoininho Member

Hi Guys,

having a bit of trouble with the eurovox max, I'm on C**rus Ireland, Naas co. Kldare.

I had the channels working but now all of a sudden every channel says 'please wait, code being updated' Ive looked through the forum but cant find any answers.

Any help wol be appreciated.

hanks

2. tubalcain

tubalcain Member

I am learnng as I go and I am on NTHELL but I downloaded a firmware fix file from a senior members sharefolder I am not sure what you need for QUorus.
    As a quick fix get the BigmaQ toolbar and download it, when you open Iexpplorer you will see some header items one of which poiints to the latest quodes to be entered

3. tubalcain

tubalcain Member

Should have said the new firmware is meant to stop the requirement to keep entering quodes manually, and these are to be found in these forums search eurovox not working I did and I found them and according to my sons I am stupid

4. tubalcain

tubalcain Member

Redrobroy welcome to the club! no newbie knows what they have I didn't anyway apparently it is a simple as the colour of the box it came in.
    I downloaded the update it worked in so much as I can tell I won't know for sure until another code sequence is launched and if my signal stays on I'll know then

Find Celtic71 threads he has alink in his signature to what is required

5. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

in my link below you can get what you need

6. beliol

beliol Member

That didn't work for me - what else can I do?

7. goresh

goresh Member

The Update for Eurovox Max V 2008 and Eurovox Blue (2006) works perfectly. just make sure you have a null modem cable rather than a serial cable. you can get them in maplins. you will have to do a new scan when you update it.

8. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

its important you do a factory default before and after putting the update on the box plus you can use a channel dump file rather than doing the scan

9. suffy88

suffy88 Member

It seems clear that the firmware update isn't working for us Ch0rus users (i.e we still have to enter keys manually when they roll). Will there be a further firmware update that fixes this issue for Ch0rus users?

10. 4ndyG

4ndyG Member

quick question from a novice. starview and eurovox, same codes? if not where do i get starview codes?

Cheers

11. static1

static1 Member

need starview codes for the west midlands area, was telewest now virgin. can anyone help had no tv for the last few days.

12. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

You will get all the codes you need in both links below

13. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

When this the new firmware was brought out the programmers were told it worked with Chorus and released it.It is now clear that it isn't working in Cork chorus and Dublin chorus and they have been informed. That is the only info I have at the mo.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  14. phil43

phil43 Regular member

Tried several boxes with the new update in limerick (chorus} and I can say no way does it work.Friend in dublin tried it on a few boxes
    in Dublin with nthell and they all worked.Would it have anything
    to do with provider id 5401 for nthell and 5e01 for chorus?

15. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Guys,

Remember this is Beta firmware, hopefully the Ch*rus issue will be resolved in the next upgrade to those having an issue, although you could try changing the ke*s to a random 1 and chill a bit with a cuppa to see if in the off chance they roll. To anyone that has tried to download from my 4shar3d virtual drive some of the files may have not uploaded properly as I had issues with my PC. This has now been corrected and the files have been reuploaded again and are available for evaluation,educational,& testing purposes only :)

KMAC.

16. stemoore

stemoore Member

i have bought a new null modem cable, and tried to reflash but it still says reciever not detected i have tried on 3 different boxes now, my pc is brand new so the com port should work?? any ideas??

17. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

kmac any idea if this is the same issue with n@l mmds as i updated a chaps box and worked fine for my n@l cable but when he brought it home he's only getting ten stations on his mmds.

18. suffy88

suffy88 Member

Keys rolled on Ch0rus again just in time for the footie, surprise surprise....Anyone got the latest codes for Ch0rus? Is there some way I can get find the new codes on my subscription box?

19. barm

barm Regular member

What area are you in?

20. suffy88

suffy88 Member

Nevermind, codes didnt roll, my box just wiped the ones i put in friday for some reason:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.