1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alverton

alverton Member

Goresh, you are an absolute gentleman for taking the time. Good health and long life my friend!

2. emmaxxx

emmaxxx Member

hi i was wondering if any1 cud help. im lukin t update my eurovox but everytime i download firmware/software files its only the loader im gettin. can any1 help me please asap

3. murphj11

murphj11 Member

Hey folks,
    Does anybody out there know what the extra buttons "Emulate" and "EMM Capture" are for.....they can both be disabled or enabled....also i have a YOUR A POX macv 2008. Can anyone tell me why it doesnt chase the new settings.....any help would be most appreciated...
    Lucan Jamesy

4. StoryBoss

StoryBoss Member

Cheers goresh ,
    Got some channels back now but lost all my fancy preset menus ( sports movies etc etc ) any ideas on how to get these back or am i asking too much now , i've the red/blue gen eurovox.

5. stofbj

stofbj Member

Choxurs ireland was not included in the software update and it looks like maybe the nthell was either. When people say mine is working fine, that's because they entered the keys manually....please wait a few days until a new key is out by the provider until shouting that the new software is working, the code writers have been contacted about the issue and are working on a fix.

6. alverton

alverton Member

Well, STOFBJ, thats because I think most lads out there haven't a rashers about firm software updates and how to even begin executing one. Until someone posts some fairly idiotproof info. on same, I think most people are just happy to have their boxes back working, and manual input being the only way they know how!

7. ptmacey

ptmacey Guest

The new software does work on tele/vermin west midlands,i entered old code and it generated current working code,my euro certainly would not do this last week,

8. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

GONE AGAIN ffs...anyone have new codes..n*l nth dublin...blanch

9. silvereel

silvereel Member

Having the same problem, chorus will not update with new fix. Ch****S = 5E 01. any ideas on how to fix this. NTL works perfectly with new fix. Scouser any ideas

10. tubalcain

tubalcain Member

First thing is to download the firmware file from the link here:
    UFL_Max_Blue_10_04_08.exe
    This is the latest as of posting but it will be updated later so make sure you check the date if you are viewing this post sometime after posting

Just to explain

You will need a Null Modem cable this is a fancy name for a cable with a 9 pin D-type plug on each end which has two wires crossed in it.
    These can be bought from PC world or Radionics etc..
    You need to get the one which suits you some have male ends ie pins and some have female ends ie holes

You will need a com port that suits this cable on the back of your PC if it is a newer pc it probably won't have one and you will need to get a USB to Serial port adapter
    See PC world etc...
    This may be plug and play ie you don't need to do anything or it may need to be installed with some sort of CD software

My eurovox has a 9 pin connection with pins (male) and my Laptop has the same so my cable needs to have to female ends to suit this.
    Detach the eurovox from the aerial and unplug any scart leads.
    Now connect the Null Modem cable to the eurovox and your PC.

So to recap you have a PC connected to the Eurovox via your cable with usb adapter if necessary it should be powered on and in standy mode

Then follow the procedure in the how to flash your eurovox
    The second link is how to do it
    HowtoflashtheEurovoxMaxV2008.pdf

11. pfaul

pfaul Member

When I connect my eurovox 2008 to my lab top and start the .exe file and press run, I connect via com port 3 and press start, I get a message "waiting for the response of your reciever, and it just hangs there. I think I need to update the driver on my lap top to pick up eurovox, (EdgePort/1), does anyone know how or where to get this. I have tried to update it but the laptop can not find it. Has anybody any ideas? When I connect the eurovox my laptop says new hadware found, install driver update, but it cant be found even though I am online.

12. sxxo

sxxo Member

does anyone have c8888s codes that are working at present..please

13. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Are you trying to connect through the usb or com port as a lot of people are having problems with the usb port , Also as far as i know your laptop will not find the reciever just the software finds it when it upgrades.....

14. hano291

hano291 Guest

here can anyone tell me why cant c8888s cant pick up mutv and that...im new on this..

15. iona_ie

iona_ie Member

i'm on nthell dublin and downloaded new s/w (for red box)sat night and it updated auto fine 3 times during the game yesterday. It did say insert smart card each time nthell changed codes but a power off/on switched it to updating codes and came back a min later.

16. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Good idea earlier on to have a Ch**us link.
    With all the codes flying around and changing daily it gets confusing and time consuming trying to find the latest info.
    Am I right in thinking that there will be a firmware fix for Ch***us in the next update of firmware as the last one doesn't seem to be working ??
    I think it was Jayo2005 had the idea about a Ch**us link. Off you go I say

17. oner69

oner69 Guest

have 2 euro vox max have updated one with the new software and it is working fine the secound is a box that i recovered after it had gone dead it is working but when i try to update that one with the new softwareit says the firmware is not suitable for your reciever

18. pfaul

pfaul Member

I am connecting via the USB port on my laptop. I have tried it a few times, plugging the box in and out a few times, but it is always the same outcome. My laptop does not have a 9 pin null modem connection, I reckon very few laptops do. Any other work around?

19. mulhall

mulhall Member

20. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Anyone got the up to date Ch**us codes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.