1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Its N** MMDS, so the symbol rate is 6887.

2. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Seemed to be right about the Booster.
    Now that it's off - things are tickety Boo.
    Thanks again

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

And hopefully will stay that way :)

4. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

scoucser i moved out here a few days ago got a pain in my nutz with dublin just trying to make a go of things here see what happens

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  6. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

your on the ball there toytown is where everything is got found i nice irish bar for the liverpool match tomorrow so happy days

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Well enjoy hope we can do it :) Heading off for a while best of luck Ogg.

8. claned

claned Member

Hey Guys, I've posted this a couple of times, and just read the end of this thread here. I am having major problems with my Eurovox. I am on Ch**us Dublin and for the last 4-5 months the channels would jitter and sound get distorted. In the last few weeks, it has become unwatchable with this happening every few minutes, and I turned it on there to it happening non-stop. I sometimes get Service Unknown, and last night on the BBC's it was trying to update codes, even though other channels were working (albeit glitchy).

I've tried everything, system reset, reinstalling the firmware, even a different eurovox and its always the same problem. I went and bought a signal booster from Ebay, but this didnt help any bit. Can anyone confirm if this is a general Ch**us issue or is it just me?

Thanks

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Presume you are around the Malahide/Swords area? What model do you have and what firmware revision are you using? Press info twice on the problem channels and post what it says for signal level/quality.

10. claned

claned Member

Yup, I am in the Swords area. Signal & quality is showing 87% on most channels, and the majority are skipping (glitchy)

I'm using a Eurovox Max V 2008 with Apr 18th firmware.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Press menu, installation, user installation and post the frequency list you see in there please. Also take note of the signal quality/level of each one.

Could be a cable problem alright, but just need to check your TPs first.

12. claned

claned Member

List is:
    274, 282, 290, 298, 306, 314, 322, 371, 378, 394, 410, 426

Quality on all of them is 85-87%

strange thing is that the original Sagem box is plugged in to another socket in a different room, and eurovox is plugged inot the main line where it comes into house, and the channels on Sagem are perfect?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried swapping the EV to the Sagem feed? By the way try a manual scan on 444.000 with symbol rate 6875, think you may get a few more channels.

14. claned

claned Member

Yup tried doing that, and the EV hardly picks up anything as this line is split and is not a great signal going to it. The EV is plugged into the first point where it comes into the house so it should be working?

I tried a seperate EV that i bought for a friend and its the same thing :/ are you on Ch**us aswell? Its beginning to look like a signal problem into the house/? But when it works with the Sagem box is what confuses me? :/

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Subbed boxes are a bit more tolerant in relation to BER/Sig. You have tried all by the looks of things. You signal seems to be a bit on the high side. Try a 6 Db attenuator, a quid online plus P&P here or Maplins do them also but a lot dearer.

16. claned

claned Member

Yeh will give it a go considering it so cheap. Its getting annoying, and I just unplugged the line from the wall to the box and tried it again and it has skipped in more than 30 minutes. Will have to keep an eye on it! Will let you know when i get the Attenuator

17. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

Lads, having a problem with a particular set of channels, all on the same frequency 307 (could be 306?) in Dublin, includes Setanta1, Setanta Golf.

The channels jump and pixelate when viewed with the eurovox max 08, but are OK on the dbox (though do take a couple of seconds to display).

Any ideas? btw I have cable BB so I was wondering does this affect a certain frequency?

18. barm

barm Regular member

Go to menu/user installation/enter pin and you should see a list of frequencies from 291.00 to 319.00.Scroll down thru them and see what the signal strength is on each.If 307.00 is weak try modify it to 307.250 or 307.500 etc.
    You could also put scouser's CDF which you will find in Eamo's at the bottom of my post.
    And your BB won't affect your viewing.

19. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

Signal strength is the same as the other frequencies that are fine.
    Already using scouser's CDF.
    As I originally said, the dbox is also taking a couple of seconds to display these channels, that would tell me its not a wrong freq or channel setting as both are having some sort of issue.

I'm after having a look at the splitter installed outside the house. If I remove the splitter (one of these: http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/qq70.jpg ) and directly connect the cables to my main room (the EVX MAX box) then the channels are now fine.

So looks like the splitter? Anyone any recommendations of a high quality splitter?

20. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Well scouser we did it on sat and we did it again tonight goal of the season fronn stevie G i rekon this year is gonna bring back the good awe days to us true fans i know its not the place to talk about it but i was with shay given sunday night he was over to see a consultant i show u the pictures if u like he aso wrote a message to my boys wising hem well in the football etc etc it was some night to remeber here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.