1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Yes,anyway around this at all.I'm waiting on a jtag.Normally use laptop and would prefer if there was a way around this.

2. iona_ie

iona_ie Member

worked a treat for me on the 2007 model. Nice one chrism23

3. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Deadly, glad it worked.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Check your frequencies match these, go to menu, installation and user installation:

N** symbol rate is 6887.

Frequency Symbol Rate Modulator

291.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    299.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    307.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    315.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    323.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    339.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    347.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    355.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    363.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    371.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    379.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    394.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    402.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64

You will also find my CDF in Eamos FTA Library, Eurovox folder.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You can get a USB to parallel adapter, but these can be more trouble than they are worth used in conjunction with the jtag kit.

6. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

thanks once again sc0user everything works fine, where would we be without you

7. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Yes scouser but do they work and what is the trouble with them.I use a usb to serial adaptor to flash boxes and leaving aside the couple of problems I had in installing the adaptor it works perfectly ever since.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

They seem to be OK with serial connections, but when you are converting to para for jtag purposes your settings need to be EEP with an IRQ of 378, this is where you will find a problem with some of these para adapters. Better off using a pc/laptop with the correct port.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem, enjoy :)

10. voxy

voxy Member

Originally posted by chrism23:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by sc0user:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have set mine to GMT usaage off and set the correct time, pressed blue button to save and exit and all is fine.

When you are on a channel, see if the info for the show that is on ir right, I did that earlier and all the info was an hour behind!! ie stargate was on ,and it said it was the west wing, and stargate was on after.

Its perplexing!!

OK, I think I might have cracked it, my time is ok, but I want someone else to see if it works for them.

Go into time settings, set the GMT to whatever you have to in order to get the right time, then press save. Then turn GMT off and press save again. Both times above and below GMT should be the same. Exit then, and update the channels.

Will someone please try this and let me know how you get on. The time should be right and the programming should also match the time.

Good luck!!

chrism23

Tried this and it appeared to work, but on closer examination the EPG was showing Eggheads on CH4 starting at 7pm instead of 6pm and all other channels were 1 hour out. I take it when you said "update Channels" you mean Autoscan - Is this correct ?

Voxy

11. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Yep, I mean autoscan, you have to make sure that when you do the second save they both times are the same, if you dont do it quick enough the timer goes back to the other hour.

PM me if you are having lots of troubles.

12. armor6460

armor6460 Member

Have the same prob with epg Anyone know what is the most up to date software for 2007 blk box ???

13. graaff40

graaff40 Guest

Hi ,

I hope some one can help me. I just got a eurovox max 2008. I read a lot of the replys for the frequencies but understood that that is for Dublin. I live in an area where there is no cabel in Galway county. Can any body help me to set up this box so it will work?

Thanks a mill.

14. barm

barm Regular member

Will only work with cable as far as i know

15. jimmyoh

jimmyoh Member

hello, can anyone help me, i have a 2007 model, bought in may this year. everything was working fine until my girlfriend knocked of the box while i was running an auto scan. since then i have lost all movie channels, setanta 2 and one or two others. i get everything else. I got so frustrated ive scanned the box into loads of different zones and some bring sky movies on adn others dont. does anybody know what the factory settings are for belfast and what i need to do to get all channels back on please help.

16. jimmyoh

jimmyoh Member

mate you need a co axle cable galway hasnt been cabled yet. do you want to seel your box to me? go and get a cyfra sat dish this will help.

17. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

If you have NTL mmds,your box will work.If you have a dish it will not.

18. mikeyred

mikeyred Regular member

Vardrus. Have you received your jtag kit?. Im waiting a week now, i ordered from tailor made circuits. Seems a bit long do you think?.

19. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

It might be something to do with the postal strike in the UK , Im not sure if its ongoing

I was waiting on a letter from the UK , it was dated for 9th Oct and only got it yesterday

20. mikeyred

mikeyred Regular member

Your probably right Celt. Forgot all about that. And you just reminded me of something else thats been annoying me over the last couple of weeks, got ripped off by an airline in sept and still waiting for a check in the post, so i hope your right, nice one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.