1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just doesnt seem fair does it :)

2. yayamark

yayamark Member

3. bruce67

bruce67 Member

can anyone help please ,had my eurobox over a year now never had to touch it since ive had it ,been great,but yesterday someone (mr nobody) deleted sky movie action,does anyone no a easy way of getting it back please without losing fav thanks (tried reading through threads but can,t find what i,m looking for thanks

4. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

here is my link for the lastest Kuro CDF update http://oggnogg.4shared.com/account/...Max_V_KURO_15_10_07.html?sId=UqrKXbIgPxsQTP1K

5. barm

barm Regular member

Do an Autoscan.
    Press Menu. Go to Installation. Select User Installation, enter pin 0000. Press red button on your remote and wait. Can take a few minutes.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheeer they are indeed quite different, only one or two are the same as most areas, so it would seem you are stuck with DCTV, although doesnt make much sense having that in Limerick.

7. claire28

claire28 Member

Hi All,

I've read through some of the posts and think I need to update my EuroVox Max V 2008 (it's not a clone I checked) but I just wanted to check with you guys.
    I'm in Dublin on n*l and started losing channels awhile ago nothing important just the +1 channels mostly. Then it started glitching freezing for a second or two. Now the box is losing the signal or somthing it just comes up with lines of colour across the screen. If I turn it off and on again I get a second of reception and then it goes again. Help!!

Thanks!

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

This has been happening in all areas even on subbed boxes, (intermittent signal problems). Although your problem sounds a bit more pronounced. What firmware do you have on the MaxV at the moment, press menu,config and system info to find out.

The latest firmware for the Max V is Kuro Beta 2, you will find it in Eamo FTA Library, Eurovox firmware folder at the bottom of my post. It is a UFL, (Unified Firmware Loader).

9. claire28

claire28 Member

hi scouser,

its 1.0 STC4 jun 28 2007.

Is the update easy to do? I read on the previous posts that you need a null modem cable and I don't even know what that is!! Sorry I'm a bit of a novice!

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No its simply a matter of pressing a button although I would advise you to download a new channel dump file to your box as well, you will find my one in Eamos Fta Library in the Eurovox section.

For flashing the EV this is what is required:

The Kuro Beta 2 UFL from Eamos.
    A Null modem cable.
    A USB Adapter, (optional).

Null modem info here
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

USB Adapter info here
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

You will only need the USB Adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable if your pc/laptop does not have a 9 way serial port.

Here is some info on the Kuro 2 Beta release:

CHANGES FROM BETA TO BETA 2 (FOR MAX V ONLY)

Same as KURO BETA WS except this one performs a auto factory default setting
    once it has finished flashing , therefore does not require a manual one.

Just Flash Box , wait till it reboots and then Drop your saved channel cdf file back in the box .

TYPE: BETA 2

FEATURES:

1) Full Widescreen Support

2) Signal Booster Option

1) WIDESCREEN

Go To MENU / Config / TV Setting

Options Available:

16:9 True Widescreen

4:3 Centre / Letterbox / Full

2) SIGNAL BOOSTER

If you live in a low signal area and have weak signal problems with poor results when scanning or picture breaks up when watching.

Go to Menu /Config / Settings /Signal Booster

The Default Settings Off

Switch On/

Press Blue button to Save & Exit

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  11. claire28

claire28 Member

Thanks Scouser,

I have none of the things (cable or adapter - yes my pc needs one!) needed to do this update so my question is will the box die without them? The reason I ask is it seems to be working upstairs but not dowstairs. The dowstairs T.V seems to be ok as my PS2 is working on it but I brought the box up and its been working for the last while. If it's not going to die I will just have to leave it upstairs.

12. claire28

claire28 Member

just copped i'd need the adapter instead of not as well as the null modem cable. Told you I was a novice!

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No it wont die. Its more than likely a signal/cable issue, where does your main cable feed come in? Is it upstairs or downstairs?

If you have a weak signal downstairs you can use a booster, although if your main feed is coming in downstairs your signal strength may be too strong and you will need an attenuator, as you say it works upstairs the signal may have attenuated enough by the time it gets upstairs. You can check signal strengths on the EV by pressing the info button twice, (or by going into user installation in the menu). You could then compare signal strengths between upstairs and downstairs.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  14. claire28

claire28 Member

Thanks again.

It sounds like your right about cable/signal problem. The Signal comes in upstairs and we run a cable from it down the stairs to use in dowstairs. (I know it sounds strange but its a tiny flat. Something must be happening on the way. It's the same cable that we use for the upstairs TV. I know its all very low-tech!
    Would a rescan fix the lost channels problem?

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

So your incoming feed comes in upstairs. What is happening is you are loosing signal strength on the way downstairs. This could be caused by bad cabling and or connections, i.e. splitters,RF connectors. Have these checked first, if they are OK get a digital TV booster, (cheap one from Maplins or Argos will do to try out first), and that should improve it. But more than likely it is a bad/low quality splitter or connection problem.

16. dahamster

dahamster Member

hi guys,

i have a new eurovox 2008 on the way and was wondering if anyone has a cdf for ch######us in cork that i could use.

thanks

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Dont have one but will have a look for you. BTW I hope you are on cable and not MMDS, (Aerial on your roof).

18. dahamster

dahamster Member

yeah, true cable, thanks for your help

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Bit scarce to come across for your area and provider. I think Vardus has one dont know how up to date it is though send him a pm. I think the frequencies are similar to Ch**** true cable Dublin. Either way a powerscan using symbol rate 6875 with a frequency range of 274.000 to 444.000 should get all your channels.

20. bruce67

bruce67 Member

thanks barm worked great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.