1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

anyone on cho//us with working box 2oo8 can you upload cdf to eamos ,thanks

2. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Im looking for a cdf file for the curragh Co Kildare if anyone has one handy

3. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

Firstly, good job lads, great thread with plenty of help for any EV user.

Right just got the most idiotic text message there, telling me to unplug my boxes tonight as NT* were going to send a "VIRUS" out tonight.

Some people are so idiotic its unbelievable.
    I'm 99.9% certain they don't have the ability to do this nor can it wreck the box (I know a lot about dbox's, new to EV's).
    But as it was the lad who gets them in & knows far more about EV's, who sent it, I want that 0.1% confirmed.....scouser what do you think???

4. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Heard of them sending power surges down the line but never Viruses plus i dont think there line is able to carry a virus from one to the other maybe im wrong but would find that hard to believe

5. storybud

storybud Member

yeah,i've been told about this NTL Virus thing as well.i was told to leave my Box off till 9 o Clock Tonight.
    is this a load of bull or should i take it seriously?

6. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

That was supposed to happen last night.See other threads about it.

7. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

I hav a starview one year old that needs reflashing what is the latest update i can use.any help please (dublin N*L )

8. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

First what model is it and make sure its a genuine box

9. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

thanks oggnogg, I am not shure what model as I am in work at mo but I am shure it is a genuine box bought last january purple/white carton

10. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

go to sys information on the box and tell me what verison u have on it

11. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

oggnogg just checked my old emails and the last flash I used STARVIEW_H20070607_400eE is this still ok ??

12. barm

barm Regular member

Should this not be posted on a Starview thread?

13. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Just sent a private msg

14. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

sorry for upsetting you BARM try not to let it happen again

15. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

just d/l ed cdf to tx box all i get now is chal on led wont do anything else ,no menu ,no nothing any ideas

16. barm

barm Regular member

Thanks BOXYBOY

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you look back at page 61 I did give this warning.

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ogg that area uses different frequencies I can give you the list if you like.

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

My two cents worth but I have said this numerous times and like you dont believe in the rumour mill.

It's highly unlikely that any UK or Irish cable operator (regardless of who owns them or who are they connected to) would go anywhere near Nagra 2. The guys behind the decision would have done their market research, and will be fully aware that Nagra 2 has already been widely cracked in many parts of the world. Unlike the current Nagra1 system, Nagra 2 has not been as fully cracked as we'd like.. but that shouldn't matter too much. Users with DBOXs, Dreamboxes, Starviews, Eurovoxes etc do not have equipment where a physical card is required to decode channels. This means that they will not be required to delve into the depths of glitching or unlocking cards, or even reprogramming them. Instead, all these new boxes use a virtual smartcard, "an emulator" which uses the keys to decode the channels. As long as the emulator supported Nagra2, all the hard work has been done for us.

Nagra 3 is now available - search google for "Nagravision 3" for more details on that. Polsat have already announced that it will be switching to the Nagra3 system, and the transition will be complete by 2008. This is a simple (yet still expensive) switch that just involves a new card being issued to the customer. As Nagra3 is a relatively new system (compared to the others anyway) there is not as much information known about it publicly, meaning that the chances of it being cracked anytime soon for us is minimal. On the other hand, this could go both ways - the cable company could opt to NOT choose the Nagra3 system because it is so new.

Personally I believe that NDS would be a much better way forward for the providers. There are so many tricks that can be unveiled when a hack is near, rendering everything completely useless and causing the hacker to start virtually from the beginning again. s*y UK already use this encryption method; and it has been tried and proven. This is the main reason why I believe NDS would be top of cable companies priorities - it has already been tried and proven in the UK. However, due to rivalry, the cost of this may not be beneficial. Again, the switch-over would only involve new cards... I have known of NDS already being used in some (rare) scenarios on something as poor as a Pace 1000 Phase1b - and we all know how slow and ugly those boxes can be.

In any case, the switch-over will only be gradual, and will always be trialled in one particular test area first. When these trials start to occur THEN we can start worrying. And by that time we'll also know which encryption system has been chosen and look for ways around it. And even when the final rollout does begin, it'll only be gradual; meaning that some areas of the country move over before others.

Don't forget that Nagra 1 still has a few tricks left that can be utilised by the CC.

These kind of queries have been doing the rounds on all forums and are caused by marketing ploys like this one, provider scaremongering and sheer boredom by others. Rumours should always be just that unless backed up with hard fact.

20. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Sure Scoucer that would be handy BTW there does seem to be alot of updating going on with my boxes u had any problems today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.