1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodgy25

dodgy25 Member

hi moving to monasterevin does the eurovox work down there pls help dont want to get sky in if dont have to

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Does anyone know if the eurovox work down in newbridge kildare? ( I think its true cable)

3. pobber1

pobber1 Member

I have it in Naas and it works.

4. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Hi m8,have you ever had any problems with codes, ie did u have to manually put in any ?

5. pobber1

pobber1 Member

Yeah I had to put most of the frequencies in manually, but I think that
    is to do with the signal strength in my gaff not being the best. I installed one for a mate up in swords and it picked up all the frequencies straight away.

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Sound. Have a mate down in newbridge and with all the problems the starview is getting I wanted to get him a decent box with less problems. Do you recommend the eurovox ?( what is the going price for these?)

7. pobber1

pobber1 Member

I've had the Eurovox for about 6 months now and I can't fault it. There are a few little bugs in the firmware with the time but nothing major. When the codes changed last week the Eurovox just updated automatically with no problems! I got one for my mate about a month ago off Ebay, it was €170 shipped from the UK.

8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Great , thanks m8 , ill have to look into getting one of these cause sv are a bit of a pain.

9. dodgy25

dodgy25 Member

how about edenderry does anyone know if it works there and do i need new mbaud and freq for chorus compared to ntl

10. akenny05

akenny05 Member

Hi All,

Just bought myself a red eurovox box (NTL in Rathmines) and Im having some problems getting it started. Ive tried a few things things on here, but to no avail...

The box isnt picking up any signal although our neighbours box works fine on our connections. All the channels are correct as per previous posts. From what I picked up here, it might be a problem with the codes- does anyone know where I can find the new codes to input on the "Nagra" screen? Also the NTL Operating code please. (I dont have the software/cables necessary to do it automatically)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

11. dodgy25

dodgy25 Member

just go into powerscan and put 6887 in the mbaud and search from 200.ooomhz

12. akenny05

akenny05 Member

When I bought the box, it came with all the channels pre-installed to the correct frequencies with 6887 as the symbol so I presumed this was not the problem... Hopefully thisll work, its 24 hours from being sent back! Thanks for your help

13. akenny05

akenny05 Member

Hi again... I tried this last night and it seemed to pick up all the correct frequencies but when I auto-scanned the frequencies it didnt pick up any channels... Anyone know what would be causing this? And preferably how to fix it?!
    Its a Eurovox red on N*L, and the software on it is from March.
    Thanks again

14. dodgy25

dodgy25 Member

yeah when it searches on 6887 it should find 13 channel freq and it will atomactically load these after power scan it will go from no signal to updating signal

15. akenny05

akenny05 Member

It found the 13 frequencies that were posted on this thread but I left it for 2 hours after that and nothing happens... Any suggestions? Thanks for the help so far by the way

16. frank9901

frank9901 Member

kenny
    first check your cable is ok, put it directly in to the tv and it should show the basic channels, if thats ok then make sure you put it in to the RF in socket on your box start scan at 290mzh and stop at 400 mzh (all the channels are between thoose two frequencies ) so it only takes 3 or 4 minutes to scan

17. akenny05

akenny05 Member

Yep the channels come through fine on the TV, its plugged into the RTF and the powerscan works perfectly and picks up all the correct frequencies. THe problem is that once the power scan has finished, thats it- it does nothing automatically & if I autoscan the frequencies, it doesnt pick up any channels. Ive tried everything Ive read on here but cant seem to get it working :(

18. debic

debic Regular member

akenny
    just a suggestion as i saw this happen on a friend of mines box. the cable they were using from the cable box on the wall to the eurovox worked perfectly when they put it straight into their tv but when they put it into there eurovox it displayed no signal, i discovered the reason for this was the cable and when they changed it to a more expensive cable (i.e one with the gold bits on the end) it worked perfectly. Maybe you could try this. Also its the same for the scart lead if its old or a cheap one it doesn't make a complete connection between the box and the tv and won't bring in the picture but will bring in the freq's. Maybe you could bring it to a friends house and try it out there with their cables to see if it works before you purchase any cables although they're not too expensive.

19. dodgy25

dodgy25 Member

ok put the 13 freq that it finds in on a manual scan ie. write them down and add them yourslf if it is finding the freq there is no problem just take note and input them yourself

20. akenny05

akenny05 Member

Thanks again lads- our next door neighbour hooked his box up in my house using our cables and it worked fine, so unfortunately its not that. Ive also inputted the freq manually, but it still isnt picking up any channels...
    Ive given up now, going to return the box!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.