1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobson

dobson Member

Thanks, im in the office at the mo, can i get back later this evening.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep but I will be watching The Pool for my troubles :( Some one will take it up if I am not around ;)

3. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

Hi Guys Bit of a problem with my Max v (black box) I bought the box last august...i think and havent had any problems untill last week i had about 135 channels but wot ever N*L did do there freqs its not been working right.id did a power scan and to try correct the problem but lost all channels was wondering if any1 can help as im gonna go nuts soon lol...im in blanchardstown on N*L not C***us.if any1 has any freq i can try would be much obliged

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Press menu, config,clear data, clear channel data, press OK. If it asks for a pin use 1004. Then go to installation,user installation, press yellow button, powerscan screen will appear. For N**, you need to add 6887 in second symbol rate. Input start frequency at 290.000 and end frequency at 403.000. Press OK to start scan. When scan is complete, press menu, installation, user installation. Press red button to update channels, screen will go blank for a minute and will then load channels.

It is important that you perform this from your direct feed, where the N** cable enters your house directly into the RF IN socket on the back of the Eurovox.

5. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

TY Sc0user gonna try that now and will let u know if it works or not.Thx again

6. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

Hi Sc0user.tried wot u said with symbol rate in second box and start and end freqs and nothing.i have the direct feed into rf socket also

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What does it say on the TV screen?

8. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

also forgot to mention..its also sayin no transponder to scan if it try update

9. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

where there should be a list of channel freqs and symbol rate and modulator are all blank its not finding any channels when i try a power scan and its sayin no transponder to scan

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you definitely plugged into the RF In socket on the back of the box when you are doing the powerscan?

Do me a favour and plug the coax directly into the back of the TV and tell me if you get any channels that way?

11. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

yeah its defo in the rf socket and i can get about 13 channels through the coax..does it make any difference that i have another box a starview in me dads room and had a splitter in the maxv box with coax and the direct feed??but..they worked fine before like that and the other box is still workin fine now!!

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just for now try a powerscan from the direct feed, (where your cable enters the house), with the Eurovox, take away any splitters.

13. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

tats wot i did just direct into the box.removed the splitter and left coax out of tv

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK just to reiterate this is what you have done?

Press menu, config,clear data, clear channel data, press OK. If it asks for a pin use 1004. Then go to installation,user installation, press yellow button, powerscan screen will appear. For N**, you need to add 6887 in second symbol rate. Input start frequency at 290.000 and end frequency at 403.000. Press OK to start scan. When scan is complete, press menu, installation, user installation. Press red button to update channels, screen will go blank for a minute and will then load channels.

It is important that you perform this from your direct feed, where the N** cable enters your house directly into the RF IN socket on the back of the Eurovox.

This will work unless your tuner has become faulty or your RF in socket has developed a fault, try it from the cable loop out socket to verify if that is the case.

15. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

i think ive done a factory default by accident..shit.its asking for timer settings when i go to installation

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just unplug it and go through the set up above again.

17. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

i prob doing ur head in m8 soz ill try and fingers crossed

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not a problem take your time.

19. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

ok did th and got only 10 channels and when i try view thm its sayin no signal then searching for signal..then updating code and back to no signal again

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK press menu, installation and user installation. You should see 13 TPs in there, tell me what it says roughly for each TPs signal level/quality.

Also press menu, config and system info and post what that says also.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.