1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks for confirming Decco. BTW the box you are having a problem with, have you also checked the C14 cap to rule that out of the equation?

2. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Fairplay Deco all i needed to know thx

3. Deeco

Deeco Member

will try this over weekend woke up this morning gone again have replaced every cap except c14 will have to collect one the weekend

4. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

hey sc0user i was on to u b4 bout the euro vox and how i couldnt tune it!!

well i got it to work and it wasnt the tuner or the C14 all i done was brought the box upstairs and tuned it in from me dads room and its been working perfectly downstairs since..

i think maybe it was a problem with my cable coming in to the house..dont think it's giving a strong enough signal and wouldn't tune in but it seems to be working fine now since i tuned it in from upstairs and in addition i also got all 139 channels back plus got rid of a few that wasnt working and found a few more new channels..dave,virgin etc.

so...just to let u know if any one else has the same prob then maybe they should try wot i did...if the can of course

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks for letting me know :) The main feed in your place must be upstairs then.

6. Skorezeny

Skorezeny Member

no probs..i think it might be!!but if i remember correctly me dad yrs ago re-routed hse to get channels and ran the main feed to his rom and routed from that..but hey its working now so im happy :):):):)

7. Deeco

Deeco Member

What value is the c14 supposed to be in the eurovox black max v mine 2200 microfarads is this right

8. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

2200 should be right'gcc compiles this in a way it returns 14', if it wasnt 14 i wonder would it have been correct. I wonder what the other C compilers do with this.

9. mankeith1

mankeith1 Guest

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Latest versions of the Max V are rated at this as the problem was with the earlier Max V models using a lower rated cap.

11. larryduff

larryduff Member

does the fact that laytown is mmds mean the eurovox will never work for me up here?

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No it means you need a different type of box for Ch**us MMDS. But I am assuming you are on N** MMDS, (just ring up the cable company and check first). A standard Eurovox will work on N** MMDS and cable.

13. larryduff

larryduff Member

Okay grand thanks. I'm on Cho---- for sure and not N--. I'll try and get standard Eurovox.

14. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

You still have to find out if its Chor*s Digital , MMDS ,Cable its important you find it out before buying one Plus N*L & Chor*s are both the same company joined together

15. larryduff

larryduff Member

Right thanks for all the advice and information.

16. sandy08

sandy08 Member

howya all. Quick question have a eurovox max.v works grand.Got a good offer from ch*rus for all in one package TV phone and b/band.If I was to take this deal would it affect the use of my box. ie. will my eurovox work the same after they instal the phone and b/band.And hints or tips appreciated. Keep up the good work thanks.

17. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Yes you can still use it but i do think in some cases i seen before with the broadband on the line too it boosts the signal abit to high but nothing that cant be sorted

18. voxhead

voxhead Member

ogg whats the number of channels for clondalkin area. i'm getting 141 is that right

19. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

ya thats right on the box your using for the area the dbox gets 149 but there only crap channels some aint availabe yet i think we have 2 new sky channels coming soon i read somewhere

20. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Im new to the eurovox, i have the eurovox max v so can someone describe to me what the different firmware is as in blue box, red box and also the eurovox 3 epg fix, how do i know if i have this?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.