1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox New Software Released.Tested and Working.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by vardrus, Apr 11, 2008.

1. NightsJOD

NightsJOD Member

Hi all,

Not too sure why but the new firmware simply does not work for me at all once they roll! I have installed it 100% correctly but it went off today while the parents were watching something. However, i never normally need to put in any new codes. It will either: A) Come back itself after an hour or more (rarely happens) or, more frequently, B) I can do another fast install which takes ages (Normally 20 mins from red to action).

I'm assuming other Max V users dont even notice when they roll (or do they? If so,do they have to do something to get it back or is it automatic?). Is there a specific setting on the box i'm missing? Or is it another problem altogeather? Anyone else on NTHell North Dublin in a similar situation?

FYI, I have the Eurovox Max V with Kuro 3 released on 10/4/08. My box is a genuine Max V purchased only a few months ago and it only ever had healthy software on it.

Also, on a different note, here is the complete Sunday Times "Dodgy Boxes war" article:

"Firm vows decoder crackdown
    TV VIEWERS who use illegal equipment to tune into premium channels on the cheap are set
    to face a major crackdown.
    Cable firm UPC Ireland is thought to be losing millions of euro`because viewers are buying illegal decoder boxes and using them to watch UPC's 130-channel digital pay-TV package.
    UPC charges customers €32 per month for the channels — but unscrupulous viewers can get an illegal decoder for a one-off payment of €110 without paying a penny to UPC.
    Now the company is fighting back and warning customers not to be tempted to buy the illegal equipment.
    Offence:
    "Use of equipment such as Starview, The Box, Eurovox, Digivox, Dreambox or similar decryption devices is a criminal and civil offence and UPC reserves the right to prosecute offenders to the fullest extent of the law," the firm said.
    UPC is also making the lives of nonpaying viewers more difficult — by changing the encryption codes on their channels so the illegal boxes are no longer able to unscramble them.
    During the Premier League clash between Manchester United and Arsenal last Sunday, UPC changed the code for Sky Sports 1 twice, causing the black market boxes to lose the signal.
    The cable TV firm is also cracking
    down on the suppliers of the boxes, with a successful prosecution over a find by gardai of €70,000 worth of illegal equipment at a premises in Finglas, Dublin.
    However, no successful lawsuit has yet been brought against a person who used one of the illegal boxes at home.
    Illegal:
    The decoders are illegal under Irish and European law, breaching both broadcasting and copyright legislation.
    They are usually sold at dodgy-street markets or on the Internet for between €110 and €250 and work as long as UPC doesn't change the encryption codes on their channels.
    If they do, then the dodgy boxes are useless until the user finds out the new encryption code and programmes it in.
    Users on a number of Internet forums advise each other on how to use the boxes and post up new encryption codes whenever the codes are changed.
    SeIutiovt
    However, UPC spokesperson Anna-Maria Barry said the firm is planning to block out the boxes for good.
    "We will be working with our encryption solution providers to introduce another level of security to render these boxes permanently inoperative." she said."

Three things of note:

1)
    - Isn't this a blatant lie? I heard it was only illegal to access the channels with decoders and not own or sell them (not that it makes much difference to us in fairness)

- Total codswallop. If it was really that price, i MAY consider actually paying for it. But then, the picture quality is actually better on the Eurovox anyway.

3)
    Even in the unlikely event they actually could do this, i'd be over to the superior service and choice on Sky so fast, as would many others i'd imagine. It would probably be cheaper for them having us paying the base fee and hoping noone else finds out about them. :-D

So anyway, any help with my situation? :-(

2. NightsJOD

NightsJOD Member

Hi all,

Just noticed some new software here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmdycgdwqu

Should i update to this one? As i said in my last post, i am currently on Kuro3 10/04/08. Is the file in the link safe to use o n my Eurovox Max V (Black eurovox)?

3. rehammot

rehammot Member

Saw that item in Sunday Times, "they would say that wouldn't they".

I have installed the new Kuro software as well. Like yourself when the code rolls I get the message "please insert card" then the box just sits there.

I find that if I switch the box off and back on, using the remote control, the message then changes to "searching for codes" and it clicks in, normally within a minute or so.

My Eurovox is definitely not rolling automatically with the code changes. I have even tried the update in your last post, dated 18.04.08.

It promises to be a permanent "fix" for the Eurovox, however, I still have the same problems here in Waterford.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Strange as the 18/04/08 version works and works quite well I may add. Press menu, press OK, type 1968 TWICE on remote and press yellow button to default keys. Then exit all the way out and put it on Sly Sports 1. You may be stuck in an update loop.

Also make sure your system info reflects the correct firmware version.

5. NightsJOD

NightsJOD Member

Hi Scouse,

Can you elaborate on the system info bit please? Not quite sure how to do it. I have only updated one of the two boxes and left both on. If one goes, then i'll know for sure that the new SW dated 18/04/08 works.

Also, awesome gif :-D

6. liberty7

liberty7 Member

thanks that was so easy to upload and is all working no more codes thanks thanks

7. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

s

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Vardus I have put them in Eamos as I also got them directly from your contacts and stand over them otherwise they wouldnt be in the library, cheers ;)

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers, press menu, config and system info and you will see your S/W version.

10. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Scouser,
    Sorry about the confusion. Was a little hasty in my remarks.

11. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Yes,yes very safe. Straight from the horse's mouth.

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What remarks didnt notice any ;)

13. slipss

slipss Member

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have downloaded the software for my blue box, definately the right software, using a null modem cable, follwing the instructions posted up here. The software downloaded fine, then I did a factory reset with a full power scan at 6.887 (im in dublin), it scans through the whole 770 channels, (100-800mhz i think), no channels come in then 0000 comes up on led display on box. Tried rescaning a few times, same thing happens. Tried doing a auto-scan, it says "no transponder to scan". Help please anybody?

14. liberty7

liberty7 Member

hi just to say thank you to vardrus for the fix for the eurovox just fix my box and is all working fine thanks to everyone else all there advise was great cant belive i fix it myself thanks again this site is brill ........

15. PWEI

PWEI Member

Yes I second that,thanks to vardrus and everybody else for the advise.I downloaded the fix yesterday and it works perfectly.
    For those who haven't done it yet,it is really really easy once
    you have the null modem cable,even if your not very computer literate.A guy in my work did it and he doesn't know one end of a computer from the other.I thought after I connected my PC to my Eurovox that I might have to browse on to the eurovox but you dont have to_Once you start the download it finds the eurovox and does everything else.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  16. gamblor16

gamblor16 Member

silly question but how do i do a factory reset dont see the option?

17. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Sorry,
    I'm imaginimg things.

18. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Happy to be of service.

19. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

menu,config,clear data,pin is 1004,factory default.

20. dalkey

dalkey Member

is there a new softwear for eurovox to work on chorus,//