1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox New Software Released.Tested and Working.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by vardrus, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Are you sure you got the NULL MODEM CABLE and not the rs232 cable as it has straight through config and you need the cross-over config to update your b0x

2. adi1971

adi1971 Guest

says on box serial lead (rs232)
    i got feeling you gonna say i got the wrong one lol

3. Nicky321

Nicky321 Member

How much approx are these cables and is there any chance of getting them off ebay?

4. jordoe

jordoe Member

I got one from maplins tday 9.99....flashed me blue eurovox then done a powerscan now all is fine...happy days

5. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

sorry to sound thick do i take box away from telly and hook up to the pc?or do i use the lappy and do it on the spot so to speak?
    sue

6. royslowe

royslowe Member

Just to confirm I have just aquired the new firm ware fix and have loaded it on 2 eurovox boxes with complete sucsess didnt even have to enter a code and all channels are back
    royst

7. RogerRock

RogerRock Member

Hi royst ... I have tried to update the firmware on numerous occasions from UFL_Max_V_KURO_15_10_07 but cannot get the maxv box to pick up any channels so have had to revert back to UFL_Max_V_KURO_15_10_07 each time, have you any idea what could be wrong ?

8. cabbs

cabbs Guest

I thought the null and r232 cables were the same thing mate...
    I can confirm i used a r232 to usb cable on my laptop and it flashed no probs...

9. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

I have definite reports of the new firmware not working in Cork chorus cable and Dublin chorus cable. Can anyone give me a definite yes or no for Limerick chorus cable as the programmers originally believed it was working for all of Chorus cable.

10. mandy07

mandy07 Member

hi im from limerick but havent tried yet iv been on this everychance i get to see if anyone got it to work in limerick so far havent found anyone except today someone on eurovox proplem thread told me his in shannon n it is working for him i asked him which firmware he used but havent heard back yet .

11. dingles

dingles Member

12. ratsstar

ratsstar Member

Hi,

I updated to the new software( 10th April) for the Eurovox. (I have the max v 2008 version) Initially it rolled fine. Last night there was obviously another roll but the box failed to do so and stayed at 'code beng updated'. I had to reset to the default keys using that 1986 menu then it rolled after a few minutes. Just wondering if there is an issue with the software. Also updating the key manually by pressing the yellow button (text) doesnt seem to work anymore. Why?

Cheers,
    Ras

13. dadycool

dadycool Guest

well i dont think anyone is experiencing the same probs as me,
    basically any firmware i use for the eurovox max v doesnt scan any channels when i coonect it with the ntl wire and tv?

i have gone back to previous versions and latest 1s but after power scan no channels at all?

please i need help

14. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

15. gracem

gracem Member

Hi , the new firmware does not work on chorus dublin and i can confirm from my own misfortune that it can cause your box to develop the 8% signal problem as you know once thats happens the box has had it , vardus or scouser are the programmers looking at this issue.

to those that have the 8% problem try using the older weak signal kuro release and turn on the signal booster somehow this brings back the signal but once you turn the box off it goes again maybe the programmers can look at developing that to fix all the boxes that are having this problem.

16. helpmabob

helpmabob Member

Hi doggy,
    I am in need of some help,I am trying to flash my EurovoxV and am using a 9pin/usb connection when I get the start page it is coming up asking to select a port either 1,2,3,4 and saying click OK and turn on power on reciver,I am selscting port4 and when it goes to next page its says waiting on receiver but nothing seems to happen.I went into Device Manager and changed bit/second upto 128000 as you previously advised but it does'nt semmed to make any difference I would be grateful for any help youcan give,theres a kinda big game coming up on Wednesday in Glasgow I would hate to miss.
    Helpmabob

17. Nicky321

Nicky321 Member

and what is the difference between a Null modem cable and a RS232?

Ive just found this Null Modem Serial Cable DB9F to DB9F RS232 Cross Wired would this be the correct one?

Would I need to purchase a USB to RS232 Serial 9Pin Cable Adapter as I have no port to plug the cable into, although I do have a 25 pin printer port on back of pc.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  18. ratsstar

ratsstar Member

Vardrus I cant remember if i did a factory reset or not. I presume since it worked the first time after I applied the firmware update that I did- would that be a correct assumption? Also I noticed that the code seemed to be correct when I went to edit it manually. It has updated but the picture still showed the 'updating code' message. I am reluctant to do a factory reset now as I spent an hour sorting the channels and it would break my heart to go through that again.

19. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

If u upload your channels using the loader and save them, do a factory reset, and then download them again. :)

20. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Yes to both of your questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.