1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eurovox red pixalating jumping

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rob112, Sep 18, 2007.

1. rob112

rob112 Guest

hi all been looking but cant see it anywhere i am on ntl erovox red and it keeps pixalating and jumping /cutting out any one any ideas ??????? cheers

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What is your general location?

3. rob112

rob112 Guest

manchester

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

How long do you have this box? What firmware is on it, press menu, config, system info and tell me please.

Please use this link if you are experiencing problems with your connection in the UK on the VM network. This shows a constantly updated list of all VM areas throughout the UK that are down due to faults or upgrades.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

5. rob112

rob112 Guest

sw ver 1.0 ssc4 jan 25 2007
    hw ver 2.0 jan 25 2007 bootstrap v 002
    and got the box about april

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cannot be 100% sure if it is a clone or not can you please click the link at the end of my post entitled SV EV Info and check from there. You may need to open your box to do this. If I do not know if it is a clone or genuine box I will not be able to tell you what firmware you need for your box.

And if I give you the wrong one it will brick your box.

7. rob112

rob112 Guest

ok broadbandwas down will do it now

8. rob112

rob112 Guest

ok hard to see the number so to be sure i took the cover off its a original box

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK before I give you info on upgrading the firmware have you tried a booster with a variable attenuator. Do you have your cable split?

10. rob112

rob112 Guest

have a splitter tried direct too not got a booster can get one any one you like the best ??

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

When you plug in to the direct cable feed press info twice on any of the channels you are having trouble with and tell me what it says for the signal strength please.

Sorry for the slow process but I will get you there in the end.

12. rob112

rob112 Guest

its hard to catch it at the rite time but looks anywhere between 75 and 80 ps seems quite high its ok about the time just thanks your taking the time to help

13. rob112

rob112 Guest

ok just put the orig box on thats jumping a little but no where near as much

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

75 is bordering on the bad side for the Eurovox tuner. So even before you upgrade the box I would recommend you buy a booster from either Maplins or Argos. You need to put the booster on the cable where it enters your house and then split it from there if you have to.

Try this first and then we can upgrade the firmware after that. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

15. rob112

rob112 Guest

ok will do i will get one from maplins tomorrow and let you know how i get on thanks

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem if it does or doesnt work we will still upgrade to improve the box's performance either way if thats OK.