1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

event id errors 58 & 59

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cadmar, Nov 25, 2007.

1. cadmar

cadmar Member

Hello. I noticed today that when I burn music to a cd or watch a dvd using nero I get the Event ID errors 58 & 59 sidebyside.

Event id 58 Source sidebyside
    Syntax error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\AudioPlugins\msa.dll" on line 10.

Event id 59 Source sidebyside
    Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\AudioPlugins\msa.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully

I have no idea what this means? I removed nero 8.1.1.4 through add & remove programs rebooted & then ran the cleanup tool & then searhed for anything nero & removed it. Rebooted & cleaned registry. I then
    redownloaded the program, added my key code and tried again. Still, I get the same errors. Please Help.

I have windows xp home, 3.06 ghtz., 1500 mb ram, Santa Cruz sound card. I never had this problem with the 8.1.1.0 version of 8, nor with version 7.

thank you

Rick

2. cadmar

cadmar Member

I just discovered when I open Nero Vision of Nero 8, load certain avi files, Nero Vison just closes out. I have all the codecs. At this point I have noticed this with the axxo torrents.
    They play fine in nero but nero vision shuts down when encoding to DVD.

Rick

3. bubble878

bubble878 Guest

idiocy removed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007