1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

every audio CD -R i burn keeps skipping

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kurupted, Apr 26, 2007.

1. kurupted

kurupted Member

i first noticed this when i upgraded to nero7 so i assumed that the problem was related to that mp3pro.dll bug so i used the nero removal tool and reinstalled nero6 only to notice the same problem.

over the past week i've tried burning audio cd-r's with itunes, windows media player, burrrn, roxio and a few other programs with exactly the same problem.

the files i try to burn are mp3's.

can anyone here help me?

2. snaggs

snaggs Guest

was this a recent development..??? or, did the drive do this out of the box,?? sometimes if a drive is bumped or jarred the the optic track can get tweeked out of alignment just slightly enough to cause that, but you should notice that with all data being burned...DVD ect...if that is the case
    Also, are you playing the burned tracks back from your PC..?? with skipping?? or, from your Car CD player, the reason is because alot of car stereo units do not play back the first track well from PC burned CD's and skipping may occure on the first track, that is an optical aiignment issue from pressed CD's as apposed to burned CD's.
    if the CD's skip from your play back on PC, that would indicate an optical drive issue, have you experimented with slower burn speeds and media type..??
    also..have you checked for a firmware upgrade for your optical..??

you also mentioned removing nero...I would check to see if DMA is inabled from hardware/ device manager..IDE/ATAPI controller. sometimes when removing nero, it will disable DMA,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Alas, "Nero 7" doensn't give us enough knowledge. Up to v7.2.3.2, Nero 7 had suffered of this bug: when recording an audio-CD starting with MP3 files encoded VBR (that is: half track duration does not correspond to half MP3 file size), the reasulting audio-CD were wrong. Read http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Nero_Burning_ROM_Release_Notes.php .

You 'avoided' this bug only by uncompressing to WAV the MP3 audio tracks to create your audio CD using only those WAV files.

Cold this be the error, or you have an advanced enough version?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  4. snaggs

snaggs Guest

Hey Kurupted; sorry about my first post, I somehow confused and mixed your post with a an LG GSA post I was reading on CD freaks, too early in the morning when I posted I think?? Or, lousey coffee..

It seems that a developmnent of your problem after removing nero 7 has compromised your MP3 burns from "pre existing" MP3 files I presume..?? (your not burning converted MP3's that you converted using Nero 7) and all your other programs produce skipping that was not a pre existing problem..?? seems to indicate that removing nero may have compromised drivers or WMP DLL's, I would reinstall windows media player, nero uses it's own ASPI, but, your other media related programs are still dependant on sharring the windows media libraries (DLL'S) for such tasks...(And I do not recomend installing an ADAPTEC ASPI iether) anyway...try reinstalling windows media player, next would be to run a system file check from CMD,to check for corrupted drivers, (or reinstall drivers,).. if your using an OEM version of windows I'm not sure if that will work from CMD, check your DMA, thats all I can think of....sorry for the confusion on the first post...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
  5. kurupted

kurupted Member

well i converted the tracks to .wav and burned them and ended up getting skipping 100 times worse, though both th .wav and .mp3 files play perfectly fine on my PC :(

then i reinstalled WMP but the skips are still there, i also don't have adaptec's ASPI installed.

later i ran the "sfc /scannow" and while there were some DLL's it repaired the skips still happen in any program i use to burn, though for some reason the skips seemed less frequent in WMP except in 3 of the tracks :(