1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything Got Deleted?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by bkim, Mar 4, 2007.

1. bkim

bkim Member

I uninstalled a program, DesktopX, because it was acting weird.
    whenever i ran it something about Microsoft Visual C++ popped up.
    Hoping uninstalling and reinstalling would solve the problem, i uninstalled it.
    It it told me I had to restart my computer.
    So i clicked ok, but someother pop up came up.
    It had two options 'quit' or 'don't quit' (it wasn't the "there are more than one user logged in, are you sure you want to restart your computer?")
    i didn't get a good look at it and i just clicked quit.
    everything restarted, however whenever I go into "My Documents" folder every document is gone and when i opened iTunes i had to reinstall it and every single song and playlist was gone.
    my trash wasn't empty. when i clicked empty trash it said "are you sure you want to delete WINDOWS?"
    i clicked no because i know the WINDOWS folder is important, but when i double-click or explore on the recycle bin, there is nothing there.
    I restarted my computer and the WINDOWS file isn't in the recycle bin anymore.

How do I get all my documents and music back?

I have another internal hard drive (X), but nothing has happened to hard drive X.
    and I don't think anything has happened to my master drive (C).

Also,
    I tried system restore to yesterday (which didn't work) and 2 weeks before (which also didn't work).

I believe that my files are still hanging around my HDD cause i haven't deleted anything. so i'm hoping I can do a file recovery or something.

If worse comes to worse and i have to reinstall Windows XP, i know everything in my C drive will be erased, but what about my X drive (my second/slave internal hard drive)?

any advice? i'm desperate.
    thanks

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member