1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everytime i Burn a Dvd it Freezes Argggggg Help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Newbee07, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Newbee07

Newbee07 Member

hi
    im hoping someone can put an end to all my searching as to why i am unable to burn a decent dvd for the last 2 years !!
    heres my PC spec :

i have a shuttle fn45
    AMD Athlon
    1.8 Processor
    1.5 Gig Ram
    My Dvd Burner is : Memorex DVD+/-RW TRUE 8X

ive tried different versions of nero they all say "burned successfully" but when i go play it in my homes dvd player or any player it just freezes or stops altogther ive tried burning at the lowest setting "write 4 x" but its still happening
    my mate has burned a dvd and it turned out great and they only had 256mb of ram and a onboard VGA !!

what am i doing wrong ? ive installed Nero 8 ,
    Can anyone advise me how to burn a dvd properly cos i dont really know how to do the settings with nero 8 and i dont know how to get that annoying "preview" while burning switched off
    everytime i go burn a dvd it previews as its burning and i dont see no setting where i can turn that off
    any help id gladly appreciate it guys
    thanks
    clair

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Can you play the movie on your computer? And what dvd media are you using?

3. Newbee07

Newbee07 Member

Yes the movies play great on my pc
    the dvd disks are just normal DVD+R 8X RW

thanks for replying clair x

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there are plenty of reasons why certain dvds won't play in other players:

1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.) Verbatim is a top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch!
    Remember that freezing, pixelations, skipping are due to poor media and this can be remedied by using better media! here is a media guide for you: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

follow these little tips of the trade and you'll have better success! good luck.

also read this:
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/
    why the +R media is better than the -R media

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Newbee07,

I would pay close attention to what IHoe stated here:

Based on what you stated above, I believe the solution lies with either suggestion. You need to make sure that the set-top player will recognize and play the type of DVD disks you're using, if not, then there's always the booktype option (which may or may not work with some players?), you can only use +R/RW media and your burner must support the function.

Set-top players are cheap, you could always buy one that will recognize and play all media types/formats.

6. Newbee07

Newbee07 Member

thanks for all your advice but ive tried all of them i do burn at the slowest 4 X
    Its not my stand alone player as all of my family have tried the disks in various players , and i used the same disks as my friend does and yet his come out perfect so i cant understand ??
    Plus i have noticed that when they have burned (Nero says Successfully) there is like a short gap in the burned area say half the disk looks ok but then one part is a darker colour
    like lines going through the disk ?

does anyone know how i can turn off the "Preview" while burning (when burning it shows the film i am burning) in nero 8

is there anything in nero i can change to make it better ?

sorry to be a pain and i appreciate all u help (",)

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I heard that Nero 8 still has bugs...... I use Nero 7.10.1.0 flawlessly!

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Go to this location and post your failed (or successful) history log

Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory

(I assume it's in the same place as Nero7)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  9. 56delray

56delray Regular member

From what I see it has been moved.
    Nero8: Program Files>Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Nero\Nero8\Nero Burning ROM\NeroHistory