1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evo but *No* Matrix Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by cosmo_69, Dec 30, 2004.

1. cosmo_69

cosmo_69 Member

(1) I thought I had a Matrix Chip inside my xbox, however, I just had the DVD Drive replaced and was told that there is no chip (I have since confirmed this myself).
    (2) Apparently the xbox bios had been flashed (and not chipped). I was kind of surprised that (a) this could be done and (b) I hadn't had any disc backup problems until recently.
    (3) I have been able to back up older games but I have had problems with NFS_U2 and Halo2.
    (4) Can anyone explain (a) what was actually done to my xbox and (b) how I can get it back to a vanilla version before I spend more money getting a real chipping?
    (5) Thanks in advance.

2. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

your xbox has got its tsop flashed
    in my opinion better then a chip
    you just need to reflash with a newer bios
    and you will be good to go
    i've backed up both of those games , i am using

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I know that NFSU2 has had problems with a few of my friends....that might be a game problem. Also I noticed that when I backed up halo2 there were 2 files that tend to be a pain in the ass and fail. I wouldn't worry too much about having your tsop flashed,I've had mine for a few years without a problem....and with an OLD bios to boot. I still use the 4976.02.....anyways,check to see what bios you do have,anything like a 4980 series or newer will be good for while yet. If it's an evox bios the M7 is still a good one....good luck.