1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evolution-X and Xbox Media Center

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by knight00, Nov 11, 2004.

1. knight00

knight00 Member

I am very new to Xbox modding. I am about to place my order for a Xenium Ice chip. I need help finding a copy of evolution-X and a copy of Xbox Media Center. I have read continuously since I began this project. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!!!

2. OzMick

OzMick Guest

www.xbox-scene.com has a guide on where to find everything you'll ever need. You'll need an IRC client (www.mirc.co.uk), then connect to efnet and join #xbins. Follow the instructions to FTP into their server and you shouldn't have any issues. Hope it helps.

3. drnono

drnono Member

Since your new to this don't look for EvolutionX, but instead search for Slayer 2.6. It's a distributed bootCD that will make installing EvolutionX a snap, even though it's not really that hard in the first place.

It'll also install a couple of useful apps, like XBMC. After you get use to your modded XBox, you may want to try a different dashboard than EvoX like Avalaunch (pretty solid), NeXgen, or the upcoming UI.

4. OzMick

OzMick Guest

The fact he's getting a Xenium makes the process INCREDIBLY easy. And Slayer's is huge... I don't see the point in getting it for a Xenium chip at least. You can get XBMC, all the latest BIOSes (which Slayer's WON'T help with!) and dashboards off xbins, and it is good to learn how to get it all early. Give a man a fish and he is fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he is fed for a lifetime.

With the Xenium, power up into the Xenium OS. At that point, you can directly FTP into your xbox, WITHOUT installing anything or even flashing your bios. Then transfer a BIOS or two or three over (X2, EvoX M8, Cromwell etc), and use the instructions to flash them. Then transfer over the EvoX dashboard. You can even format up a new drive by making an EvoX boot CD, so you needn't really bother with Slayers.

5. knight00

knight00 Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info.

6. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

Where can i find XBMC? ive been looking and i cant find it....whats UI?

7. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

NEVERMIND FOUND IT