1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evolutionX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ozy, Apr 17, 2003.

1. ozy

ozy Regular member

Can someone please tell me how to activate a game which has been copied over to the "E" folder of the xbox hard-drive. I have followed some short examples but am confused with the next step! Stresssssssssed

2. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

there's a program out there that will do it for you, i think it's called xcommander. but to do it yourself, i would ftp to your xbox, insert the disc you want to backup, create a directory on your pc, highlight all the files and transfer them to your pc. then transfer them back to the e:\games\yourgamehere. depending on how your evox.ini is configured, it might add the entry automatically. hope that helps. email me you need additional assistance.

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

Tanks for the reply Pfitz, I have got that far already. The xbox is networked through my PC and the files have been transferred into a spare folder in the xbox "E" folder of the hard drive. The xbox has been modded and evolution x installed but how do i make the console play that game instead of the "D" drive. I have made about 8 backup games using flashfxp and iso maker. These all worked fine. I used the same technique to back up "v8 Supercars" but no matter how many times i tried the xbox would not load it. I even downloaded another iso premastering tool called GDFImage. GUI and .EXE and still no luck. This is why i want to add the game to my xbox hard drive which i have done but still need to know how to activate it from there. Has anyone else had trouble backing up "V8 Supercars" if so give me some feed back. Cheers!

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you put your game into the E:\games\Yourgame
    directory EVOX will automaticly detect the game you installed in the E:\games\yourgame

Then reboot and go to Launch option in the EVOX dashboard and the game should be listed there.

That should work

Matt

Last edited: Apr 17, 2003
  5. ozy

ozy Regular member

When I click into the games folder of the xbox, "race driver" appears. Prior to loading "V8 supercars" onto the hard drive of the xbox, the games section was blank. Anyone would think this is the game but when i click on it, i end up back to the main menu. I dont think this particular game can be copied nor played from the hard drive. Can someone prove me wrong?

6. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

i have heard that the menu.ini in evox is suppose to add it automatically, unfortunately that was not the case for me. Copy this portion of my games section onto your evox.ini file, replace halo for whatever name of the game you have, also replace the drive letter if necessary as well to e: or f: wherever your files are at.

Section "Games"
    {
    SORTSTART
    Item "HALO","e:\games\HALO\default.xbe"
    SORTEND
    SORTALL
    }
    Section "Applications"

listen, OZY, i need help, i cannot back up my xbox games. i have tried using various iso makers and burning them with nero and recordnow max onto a dvd-rw and they will not boot. i create a directory for the game files and burned the entire directory. no luck, please help me out!!!!

7. ozy

ozy Regular member

have you tried rebooting your console after you have inserted it into the drive. I had the same trouble, but when i turned the console off and on again the game automatically loaded. There is also a detailed guide at http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

8. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

yeah, i did, and no luck. i followed a different guide, i will give it a shot tonight after work. hey ozy, did you verify you files or images like the tutorial stated? does that help? i also tried to follow the link to the guigdf but the site was no longer available. well, hope it works.

9. ozy

ozy Regular member

pfitz, I did verify the first time but I don't really think it is necessary. Flashftp is pretty reliable. Just make sure you burn to a dvd-rw first and if that works use the same iso file and burn to a dvd-r.

10. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

ozy man thanks, i tried 3 times tonight. all the same method. the only thing i did different was on the last one, the dvd-rw that i have been using time and time again just got trashed. i mean that it was the possible culprit of the games not playing either because it had been written to and erase so many times or due to a few scratches. on my first attempt to burni the image to a dvd-r, it boot up right away.