1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX and UnleashX .. game problems ..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by p0rnrh3tt, Aug 25, 2006.

1. p0rnrh3tt

p0rnrh3tt Guest

maybe you could help me out here .. i installed GTA San Andreas on my HDD .. the thing is when i use UnleashX and run the game (GTA San Andreas), it goes back to dashboard. i tried changing AutoSwitch in the System Settings to "Yes", NTCS M and Enable PAL60 to "Y" .. it still goes back to the dashboard ..

i've tried Evox, and edited a few lines in the evox.ini, the game ran without any problem. BUT, there were some games (such as The Incredibles) that i can't play in Evox. When the game loads, it's all black and white and moves vertically. i'm assuming that it's a PAL game. on the other hand, when i play that game in UnleashX, the game runs without any problem ..

any idea hwo to solve this?
    also does UnleashX have an IGR option? if it has one, can i disable it? how?

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

GTA San Andreas is region locked, so whatever version you have, your Xbox has to be set to that region. As in, if you're playing the NTSC version, you just have to go into EvoX and change the region to NTSC to play it. For UnleashX, I used these settings.

Auto-switch: Yes
    Multi-Region Mode: NTSC M
    Force PAL60: No

With games of others regions, if you have your Xbox set to your own region, it will output whatever signal you have the region set to. Basically, just leave auto-switch off, or leave it on your specific region, which seems to be NTSC.

Basically, if you want to play them in EvoX, just leave it on default or change it to North America (NTSC).

As for the in-game reset, I couldn't find an option for it in UnleashX.

3. spOrin

spOrin Guest

thx for the help i also had the same problem

4. SwordsG

SwordsG Regular member

personaly i hate NTSC
    im in the uk so we mainly use pal
    when i use a NTSC game it comes out black and white on my tv
    so to fix this i use the tv down stairs that seems to surport both pal and NTSC

5. p0rnrh3tt

p0rnrh3tt Guest

ok, i was able to make it work in EvoX .. if i use UnleashX, it won't run the game ..

in EvoX, i've set the Game Region to AUTO instead of the Default .. i was also able to fix the problem with the other games just by changing the Game Region from AUTO to Default ..