1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evox.ini help plz

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by lingtime, Jul 5, 2007.

1. lingtime

lingtime Member

I unpacked evox 2.7 followed the instructions, backed up the original xbox drive but I'm now stuck because i cannot find the evox.ini file that is supposedly in the unpacked folder? Please help thanks

2. lingtime

lingtime Member

ok pretty please

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What are you trying to do exactly? You're being very vague, hence the no replies!

4. lingtime

lingtime Member

ok I'm sorry. When the xbox 1st came out I bought a premod.Magic i believe but not sure it was a long time ago.It will play backups if I download the Isos.I want to be able to back up the originals, so from what i have read i need a dash.I followed the tutorial to install slayers evox.http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/evolution-x-tutorial.php#loading
    However when i get to: *Now go to the directory on your PC harddrive where EvoX is. You will now have a :
    * evox.ini file : make sure to open the file with notepad and configure all the settings (most important your network settings).
    * default.xbe : rename this file to xboxdash.xbe*
    that step i go to my evox folder and there isn't an evox.ini file in there. the only one i can find is on the install disc.is that the one?
    also the rest of the steps from that point on don't work as said to either.
    if its an auto installer why do i have to change all this crap.is there a way to just install from the disc or a better tutorial, or an easier way to back up originals? thanks i hope this explains what i'm up to a lil better.

5. lingtime

lingtime Member

anyone please

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Way to complicated, just get either a Slayers Disc or AID v4.01 and install the dash from there!