1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX Install!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by wael, Aug 25, 2004.

1. wael

wael Member

Ok... So i gave my xbox to the shop and they installed the Xecuter 2 bios. Now when i want to add the EvoX dashboard it doesnt work!. I already added the evox.ini the dummy file and the .xbe to the iso and i burned it to a Cd/RW but when i put the CD in it says make sure this is a xbox cd, audio etc... i have many pirate games that i play no problem. i wanna install it so i can at LEAST FTP! help would be appreciated.

y0u can add me on msn at: wael_dreegia@hotmail.com

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

You need to create an XISO image and burn that. Straight data discs won't work.

3. scottas

scottas Guest

Which program are you using to create the iso? I recommend either craxtion or quix.

4. FullySik

FullySik Guest

i use quix and it works perfectly i have tried craxtion but it wouldn't work

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I used the FireFuckers X-Disk V1.01 to install my evox on my Xbox and I used the Executer V4983 bios for my bios using the Executer programmer.The problem I think with the Xbox really to be honest is the dvd drive in it.If you have a Samsung drive depending on what version Samsung drive you can read these formats cd-r,cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-rw for the older Samsung drives.The Samsung version 616T probably can read all the formats the Thomson dvd drive can read these formats cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-rw,dvd+r,dvd+rw.I am not sure on the Phillips dvd drive or the Samsung drive to be honest,but I have a friend that uses a Samsung drive and is happy with it.The good thing about the Thomson drive though over the older Samsung drives is that it can read dvd+r fromat where a older Samsung drive can't read it.If you are really into Xbox you should probably go with a Samsung 616T model dvd drive since they can play every format of disc out.I know I am probably off topic,but I do actually think it is extremely important to know what you dvd drive can read in your Xbox.I used some dvd-rw dvd discs when installing my bios or either evox disk in my Xbox.I have installed my bios on my system both ways the executer 2.3 programmer and the bios disk method.I have done methods on installing the evox disk also using a auto installer and making a evox disk.The auto installer is alot easier in my oppinion on installing a evox.I use the evox V3935 right now and am happy with it.The good thing about the FireFuckers X-Disk V1.01 auto installer disk and the Slayers disk is that they will install more than just the evox disk which is apps also.I didn't really have to do any upgrading on my programs using the FireFuckers X-Disk V1.01 since pretty much all of the programs on it where up to date almost,but you use the Slayers disk it will give you outdated apps and probably a outdated evox also.I can also switch my evox with the X-Disk V1.01 to about 6 to 7 other dashboards which is also cool using this one app called X-switch.I would say use the auto installer and upgrade via FTP which would be alot easier in my oppinion,but everybody else has there own oppinions.I also use Quix V1.01 since it seems to work the best for me rather than Craxtion also FullySik.The only time I use Craxtion is to make multiple game discs (means putting two games on one disc),but the program aint bad it is just the newest build out makes you use .NET Framework in order to get it to work.

6. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

do you need a modchip

7. wael

wael Member

i haf a thompson drive..

8. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

do you need a modchip to install evox

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would suggest a modchip,but I know there is another method out that is called a softmod.I think all you do is use a exploit through the memory card on the Xbox or something like that.I don't really remember how it works since I never did it.The bad thing though is if you don't follow the steps right it can lead you to more problems than you think.I noticed when I read up on the other method that it can give you clock loops or other probs.I would say if you are just starting off go with a simple modchip such as executer or either something similiar to that.I think at the time I paid like 74 dollars for my modchip including the solderless adapter,but that was a long time ago.I think you can get it now for like 50 dollars or lower than that.The best thing about a modchip is that you can go back and reflash the bios and install newer evox an so forth.I think the other method is just a one time thing.If you mess it up on the first go you will have to get a modchip just to fix it.The exploits I am talking about are the Mechassault exploit,Splinter Cell exploit,and the Agent Under Fire exploit.The exploits can be done don't get me wrong on this.I wouldn't do it though since I like the idea of upgrading alot.

10. scottas

scottas Guest

I've been using quix almost all the time now, and with the new avalaunch dash it is cabable of transfering by ftp much faster than using flash ftp. You can also do batch transfers.

11. punx777

punx777 Regular member

no wonder why people think weer pirates
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]www.norcalmods.com
    matrix infinity premod +shipping, network adaptor, atv offroad fury, $275
    matrix infinity install v.3-10, + return shipping, $100
    magic v 50k/ 5k6 for v9/10,+ shipping, $70
    also xbox mods[/small]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004