1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX on PC???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

From a friend of a friend I was consulting when my Xbox died i learned that if install EvoX on a seperate hard drive and run just that upon startup with my computer, then i can play xbox games on my computer if i buy the proper controller. can anyone else confirm this? to me it seems frickin awesome. anyone done this?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

so, no one's been able to do this, eh?

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Hiya Mate ! Perhaps you posted in the wrong forum -- You may have more chance to get answers at the ""Xbox - General discussion "" --

One of the MODS in here will probably move your post -- Be patient ~~ smiles

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

yeah, i wasn't sure because this had to do as much with pc as with xbox. i'll let a mod decide :)

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Im sure you wouldnt be able to do that because the drive in your pc wouldnt be able to read them.

Have you already done this or just asking before you do it?

6. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

Not true.

All you need is a Dual-Layer DVD Drive (Sony). I'm getting really sick of people on these forum thinking Xbox can only read Xbox games. Xbox games are Dual-Layer (DVD9) discs, which can be read by a Dual-Layer Drive. Why do you think the Xbox was equipped with a Dual-Layer Drive? Duh. :p

7. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

well not all xbox games are dvd9. Why would a 3 gig game go on a 8gig disc? duh!!

Xbox games are pressed backwards and pc can only read forwards. If it was that simple then why cant you just put in a xbox game and copy it? You cant you have to ftp it form xbox to pc.

8. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

Actually they are. Microsoft used DVD9s as part of a copy protection scheme because they knew DVD9 burners/readers weren't going to hit the market for a few years after the release of Xbox.

And that whole thing about being pressed backwards is a bunch a bull. The reason you can't just put an Xbox game in a regular DVD drive is because it can only read the first layer, which contains nothing more than a very short DVD movie that tells you to insert the disc into an Xbox. The second layer contains the game data.

9. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

ok then, have you actually put a xbox game into a dl burner and copied it and it is a working game bakcup?

10. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

The only reason I haven't is because DL burners just came out, and I'd rather wait for later models to release instead of wasting money on an older version burner. However, just because I haven't tried it, doesn't mean it won't work. And I'm pretty sure it will work. So if anyone reading this thread has a DL burner, try it out and prove me wrong.

11. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

dl burners have been out for some time now and if they work so good why has nobody else thought of this and told everyone else?

12. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

DL burners have only been out for a couple months now.

There could be many possible reasons for not telling anyone else.

1) Dual-Layer media out right now isn't good enough quality to make a working backup.

2) People may not want to waste so much money buying DVD9 discs (they are very expensive).

3) Maybe I'm the only one who ever thought of this idea (highly unlikely though).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"TRUTH is Knowledge and with Knowledge you have Power; Power to change your world and your circumstances."

- Unknown[/small]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  13. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

Does anyone REALLY know why you can not read an xbox disk in a PC????

The "backwards theory" sounds like bull.
    I'm not sure about the dual layer theory, but I think a lot of movies are dual layer. Only the abilty (for PC users) to record dual layer is new. Most PC DVD players read dual layer and have been able to for a long time.