1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evox screen stuck pleeeeze help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by andy4sue, Apr 3, 2007.

1. andy4sue

andy4sue Member

If i am being thick then i apologise, i have had evox modded xbox for about 2 years fantastic bit of kit! But having moved home i turned it back on the evox logo shows in the top left hand corner then it goes straight to a screen which has a weather and time box and nothing else my main menue has gone and no matter what i do it stays when i press up or down on d pad i get pictures of speakers a lap top what looks like a mouse on seperate pages.
    No words show on any pages so navigation is pot luck at best but no matter what i do i cannot get back to my main menue page.

this chip may be out of date but i need help with this as my lads are heart broken poor sods (so am i!)

If this is old news then i apologise but some direction or online help would be of emense value will send money to any one that can help

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what kind of modchip do you have. It sounds like you could be booting strait to a chip menu or something. Personally i have not seen this problem before.

3. andy4sue

andy4sue Member

This is where my iggnorence will show all i get is a logo which is light red and EVO with X underneath should i take cover off and get more info ????? andy

4. andy4sue

andy4sue Member

Have you abbandoned me in my hour of stupidity???

5. steimy

steimy Active member

a red ring around the eject button usually means it is softmodded and doesn't have a mod chip. Makes it a bit more tricky to fix problems. do you have a digital camera that you could poost a picture of what is on your screen? It is hard to get a picture in my head from just a description. It is obviously booting to something other than the dash you are use to, good news is that it is still booting up.

If in fact it does have a chip you could just use an auto installer disc like Slayer 2.7 (which you download from a torrent site). You burn this to a DVD and stick it in the Xbox. YOu can then format the drive, reinstall all the programs and dashboards, and start fresh. You would of course loose all your game saves unless you have a way to copy them to your PC (via FTP) or memory card.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  6. andy4sue

andy4sue Member

Hi there thanks for replying so soon ! the red ring you suggest is not on the front of xbox it is thelogo with the microsoft xbox logo when booted up.

i will take your much needed advice and see how i go once again thank you for your time if i either have or do not have success i shall contact to sort out some kind of redemption!!!!....heres to good luck!!....andy

7. acidy

acidy Regular member

hmmmm......................
    Haven't heard this kind of problem.
    Hey which mod-chip you have ???
    And also, can your xbox read disks or backups or anything ???

8. andy4sue

andy4sue Member

Hi there ! all i know is that it is an EVO X chip and it WILL read disks that i put in , also when chip is tourned off i get back the orig X-BOX and all functions i am trying to FTP but all i get is connection failed / timed out as i said before i turn on the xbox and get the "X" then the micro logo with the EVO-X logo in top left hand corner then when it should go to the page that showed me where i could go next i.e. games videos ect , all i get is a picture of a pair of speakers with no words with the D-pad i can go either up or down which will give more pictures of what looks like a laptop another with a box which containes weather info and another which looks like aremote control all of which as with trhe first show no words or will allow me to go anywhere else ! i cannot be the only one ! and if i am then i dont want to be sob sob !! hope you may be able to help as i have loads of saved games and other stuff on the HD which would be a shame to lose . andy

9. acidy

acidy Regular member

May be you have a spoilt XBMC dashboard. Someone might have done something to your xbox.

OK now see download "Slayer's Evox Auto Installer" application from any torrent web-site and then download it using utorrent or any other software.
    Then make an xiso using qwix which can be found here of it and then after that burn the image to a CD-RW and insert it to your xbox.
    Then install EvoX on it again and then just see....................
    Also when you went away home, did anyone finger with your xbox ????

10. steimy

steimy Active member

Actually Slayer is a DVD (ISO Image) not a CD-RW
    And i sugested it a few posts ago. It is really the best way to fix it. All around best solution (if you know you have a chip) is to just reformat it and use Slayer 2.7 to install everything again and start with a clean slate.

But to tell the truth, you may be the only one that i have every read that had this problem. I have never seen or heard about a screen like you are describing which is really why i wanted to see a screen shot of it.
    If you just install EvoX your gamesaves and such should be safe, but whatever that is that you are seeing now will still be there even if you do not see it again. If EvoX is not there, then you will not be able to FTP as most chips do not have that built into them, it is usually the hacked dashboard that gives you the FTP capabilities.

11. acidy

acidy Regular member

Hey kool. Slayers EvoX 2.7 has already released ??? WOW. Hey Slayers EvoX 2.6 came on my CD-RW. I didn't have any info about Slayer's EvoX 2.7 :) cuz I have started my PC after 10 months.
    Well by reformating your xbox, you can obviously fix your problem but the other problem which arises is that all your savegames will get cleaned up and you will have to play them all over again.
    But another option is there that you play and finish all your games and then reformat you xbox.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

or get a memory card, load each game, quickly save it to the memory card and then you will have a back up of all current saves. After that you can do what needs to be done, then after it is done use the MS Dash to transfer the game saves back onto the hard drive from the memory card.

13. andy4sue

andy4sue Member

Hi there firstly thanks for all help but i am still stuck ! have tried to flash the damm thing but i cannot see what the screen says reharding ip numbers for the xbox so have guessed 192.168.0.3 and the ftp seems to try tom connect then "connection timed out".

Am using my router with straight through cables and have pinged just about everything in sight and still the situation remains any help with this issue would be wunnerful and i am more than willing to pay for time used maybe a phone convosation so someone can talk me through it coz im stoopid!
    That is assuming we are in the same country .......u.k.?

Look forward to any help you can offer ! have looked at hundreds of forums and apart from all giving in fo i seem to be misssing somathing.

Have shut down all firewalls virus scans (that I know of) and have windows XP installed..................pleeeeze help am desparate...andy

14. steimy

steimy Active member

well with FTP it could be so many things. there are two ways to set it up. and you should be using a crossover cable (CAT5) and not a strait through cable. I am pretty sure you will never connect with a strait through cable.

1. DHCP (automatic)
    If you go into your PC settings (start->accessories->command prompt)
    and when it comes up type ipconfig/all
    now write all of that network stuff down. But in particular one should say "DHCP enabled" and "autoconfig enabled"
    If both say yes you want to use this set up
    Go into the dashboard settings and under network you will see a settings for either static yes/no (choose no) or something to enable DHCP. Do that, you can fill in the sunnet mask, default gateway and DNS addresses that you wrote down from the PC earlier as they will match what the PC just gave you exactly. Leave the IP blank and then go down to save and exit. doo that and reboot (with the crossover cable attached to the router and xbox) when it restarts it should automatically set an IP address for the Xbox. This is what you use in your FTP program to FTP into it (username and password will both be xbox)

2. is a Static connection, only difference from the above is that you have to manually set the IP address on the Xbox.
    So if the PC gave you 192.168.1.100 when you typed ipconfig/all
    and you have no other devices on the internet, you can set the Xbox at 192.168.1.101 (or 102,103,104,105 and so on)
    then save and exit and reboot the xbox.
    use the IP address you picked and put that in the ftp program with the user name and password (xbox) and it should connect.

It may be that cable that is holding you back, you need to go get a CAT5 crossover cable.

15. crazeeuke

crazeeuke Member

First off a crossover cable is not required with a router, the router will automatically configure the connection. As well you can not ftp an xbox unless you are using a hacked bios, if your chip isn't working, then you cannot ftp. If your original xbox bios boots fine with all controls then it is evident the problem is with the modchip. If your xbox has been bumped lately or shakin' around then a problem with the solder connections for your chip is most likely your problem. Over time all solder connections lose their conductivity and develop mild resistances to the path which they are connected. My advice, pull it apart and reflow all of the connections on your chip and the lpc pin header, it should resolve the problem, if not then you have an internal problem on your modchip. later. One final note, someone in the thread mentioned that slayer's could not be burnt on a cd-rw because it is an iso format, redundant statement, as long as it will fit on the disc it will work on cd-rw, i personally have mine copied on a cd-rw based on the fact of its media compatibility.