1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVoX to XBMC Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by spinaldex, Oct 4, 2007.

1. spinaldex

spinaldex Member

I could use some advice ...

I've had a soft-modded Xbox for a year or so. I used a copy of Mechassault I borrowed from a friend at the time. At the time I also switched to a 250gb HD.

Now, I've been running XBMC for awhile as my dashboard, but ran in to a problem tonight when I blew away the Dashboard folder on my E Drive. Even after getting a recent download of the T3CH SVN from this month, it just boots to the EVoX bios everytime now.

I've tried using a variety of XBE Shortcut Generators, trying a variety of names for the XBE's to put in the root C (xboxdash, evox, etc_ and I just can't get the Xbox to boot to XBMC.

Now, I got a Loader off the net called MANZZON. I had it format the C & E drives and reload both with it's files it uses to get XBMC going. However, even though all the files are there ... it STILL only boots to the bios!

Now, I'm trying to get AID and Slayers right now from a couple Torrents to see if they work any better, but I'm really concerned now.

What I'm wondering is if this older Bios installed on the Xbox is specifically hardcoded to go to a certain location and look for specific files to point to the dash it needs to use ...

Well, maybe somebody will recognize it. It's listed as:

Evox: +3935
    Bios: Unknown
    Kernel: 1.00.4871.01

(this is what it says at the menu)

Thanks in advance for any advice guys, it really is appreciated.

If I need to get anything, like buy my own copy of Mechassault (or Splinter Cell) and the Action Replay, I can look around tomorrow .. just hard to find!

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

The shortcut should be in root directory of E:\ and the XBMC folder as well.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

AID will be the easiest way to to it!

Try that first before you go and make a balls of it!

4. spinaldex

spinaldex Member

I ran the AID 4.10lite disk had it try to reload everything, didn't fire up the dashboard. So then I had it format and repartition the disks. Then, it said 'Automatically rebooting', but it did it before it loaded a dashboard back on it .. so of course, I got the screen with the errors on it and to call customer service. DOH!

So I had to take my box over to my buddy's place who had a mod chip I could put on for a sec and then I was able to reset up the drive, FTP to it and get a new dash on it. What a royal pain!

Maybe I should invest in a modchip as a good safety if I keep screwing with it lol!

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Your 'eeprom' is the only safety net you need!

Read my tutorials!