1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX Wont Install???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by xbox23, Nov 30, 2003.

1. xbox23

xbox23 Member

I put a matrix modchip in my xbox....with evox D6 Blue Bios, It comes on with the blue xbox logo, but when i put the evolution x cdrw in the xbox, it wont recognize the disc....i made the disc through nero data file....do i have to take all the evolution x files and make an iso of them? if so how do i do that. Thanx John

2. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

when you burned your disk you did it as an ISO9660 data? Try burning UDF, that works better in xboxs (it does for me anyhow). Secondly, did you rename the evoxdash to something like default.xbe? It looks for the default.xbe to run. Some people say it can be evoxdash.xbe, I dunno. I would also reflash with the M7 bios. its better.

3. xbox23

xbox23 Member

Yes i have renamed it to default.xbe....but when i put the cdrw in the xbox, it says it cant read the disc...

4. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Use Craxtion to make an ISO of the files for evox then burn that ISO on your cdrw... this should work really great... it did for me! :)

5. xbox23

xbox23 Member

Alright, i got the evolution x disc to finally load after several times of shutting off and powering back on, i only want to play back up games, not produce them, so how do i instal evox on my xbox....please help

6. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

7. xbox23

xbox23 Member

do i have to do all this even if i dont wanna back up games....

8. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

if you only want to play backup games and not do anything else what you need to do is put the chip in and flash it with the m7bios(you've already done that:D ). you could just keep the box with the msdash and backups would work just fine. if you want to do backups you need to do the evox install or put another dashboard on there that will let you ftp or copy to hd(dvd2xbox). I've a friend with 3 boxes (he has 2 kids), all modded but one with evox to backup games. the others just play the backups.