1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exact copies

Discussion in 'Audio' started by beelizzle, Dec 24, 2005.

1. beelizzle

beelizzle Member

i just received a mp3 player for christmas.99.9% of my cd collection are cd's that do not have an interruption between tracks.is there a program out there that will allow me make an exact copy of a cd,save it to my pc than load it on my device as is?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

mp3s unfortunately do not play continuously on portable mp3 players. It is possible to rip a CD to mp3, then be able to burn it back to an audio CD using a program with foobar, and it will not have any gaps. but as far as portable players go, it won't make a difference what program you use to rip or convert the cd to mp3 on the computer, your portable player will still have tiny gaps. only option is to use another compressed format (if you player supports it) or use uncompressed WAVE files, but the downsize is that they are 8 to 10 times larger than mp3s.

3. TimKizzle

TimKizzle Regular member

what kind of music is this

try ripping all of the tracks to mp3, then putting them into wave pad or something and saving them as one file,
    i suggest starting it at night and let in make the new :super: file overnight

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

combining the tracks to one long track is an option, however don't rip the CD to mp3 then edit them, thats pointless and a unnecessary step. Just rip the CD to uncompressed wave files, then combine then in an audio editor like Audacity or Nero's audio program, then export as a wave file. Then use dBPowerAMP to convert the file to mp3. If you rip the CD to mp3, then combine them and export the file, the audio program will have to re-compress an already lossy file, resulting in serious quality loss.