1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exact copy burn fail

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 1lonewolf, Feb 18, 2006.

1. 1lonewolf

1lonewolf Member

well im out of coasters err discs gonna have to go buy more...
    maybe I can sell coasters o n ebay?

Thanks so much for trying to help this site is da best

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It is a great site isn't it!
    Now if your off to buy more media like us make some suggestion!
    From cyprusrom:
    Ritek has given me problems - others here love it. I mainly use Taiyo Yuden - I buy it from http://supermediastore.com
    Post back on how it turns out!

Now those coasters - ebay it is!! With some of the stuff sold on there I don't see why you can't get top $ for em :0)

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@1lonewolf
    Finaly, that darn firmware!
    Glad it worked. Don't forget to enable back the second drive:~)!
    get some good media, and you're in business!

P.S. I see it back in the log...nevermind me, I am just an icicle!
    Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  4. 1lonewolf

1lonewolf Member

Thank You both Binky7 and cyprusrom you two helped out a bunch but Im stumped on the media, being the burner is memorex and it not liking memorex the box from the burner clearly states use media of the same product for best results...
    that is why Im stuck on ritek aka memorex

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@1lonewolf,
    Memorex doesn't make DVD media(maybe they had, I don't know). But like you said, youre stuck on Ritek- so Ritek makes the discs, Memorex sells them. And I think Ritek is actually rare nowdays to be branded Memorex. I don't know, but Memorex discs are made mostly by an (in)famous corporation aka CMC Mag. The worse media you can by. Don't you think is normal for a vendor to advertize their name, no matter on what product is branded? So, don't listen to what they say,buy the good stuff!
    I personally use Ritek. I use Maxell DVD+R X8 made by Ritek. So far I had success. I found mine really, really cheap,otherwise i have Verbatims and Sony MIJ, but, with second class, budget media, is a hit and miss, it is very burner and technique specific. Some people here will tell you they had great succes with Ritek. And again Ritek comes in many flavours,some better than others. Yours might be some "failure-to-thrive" Ritek. Maybe just because they were branded "Memorex:~)!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  6. 1lonewolf

1lonewolf Member

Your Right Im currently looking into Taiyo Yuden DVD Media as stated binkie7looks reasonable and Im fixing to look into verbatim as well as i saw at walmart last nite they are pretty expensive. then again walmart isnt cheap either....

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I think office Max has now Verbatims on sale $14 for a 50 pak. At best Buy I think you can find for the same price Sony or Fuji Made In Japan-They are made by Tayio Yuden.

8. 1lonewolf

1lonewolf Member

that is alot cheaper than i saw @ walmart they sell for 10.88 for 10 1.08 per disc seems kinda steep fer me :)im goin to best buys tell me whats the difference from -\+?

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/113

If your burner is capable of booktyping , DVD+R would be recommended so you could booktype to DVD-ROM for better compatibility with DVD palyers. otherwise, you might have greater compatibility with DVD-R Some older playes(even newer ones) can be very picky about the kind of media you use.
    pricewise, in the store is no difference. When you buy on-line, you might pay a little extra for +R.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  10. binkie7

Just my 2 cents on the media - I have tried alot and on several different burner - the most reliable & quality for me
    has been hands down Taiyo Yuden and Verbs. I mainly use -r and the playback compability on many players is 100%.
    Sony (MIJ) are made by either Sony or Taiyo Yuden. I've used the sony too - not bad but I'll stick with my TY's!

1lonewolf - did you ever get it working or did you run of media b/4 you could try again

@cyprusrom
    Congrats!

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@binkie7
    Thanks!

12. 1lonewolf

1lonewolf Member

ummmm yes and no but used ritekf again and it doesnt play on anything it completes but doesnt play on puter or stand alone players dunno why... but im off to buy verbs at best buys.... dont have the net @ home but i will be back tomorrow... let chas know what happens Thanks sooo much for inputsas well congrats on senior member cyprusrom and congrats on addict binkie7 hopefully some day i will make it to that point....

13. binkie7

@1lonewolf
    You're welcome & Txs too!
    Hey we all had to start out where you are! There's lots of good info here so read up, learn &you'll be helping others too!!
    Now for those Ritek well we know your burner doesn't like them :) Players can be picky on media - the riteks that I had usually worked on most players. I would also use a lens cleaner on your player and clear off the lens.
    Let us know what happens!

14. 1lonewolf

1lonewolf Member

Once again... Thanks a bunch,I'am now a Burnin Freak, I went and bought Sony MIG aka TY06 and the burner likes them, the verbs were like $40 for a spindle of 50, and I saw these sonys which are originally $25 with a $10 instant rebate so they ended up costing $15, Hpefully soon I'll be able to help some ppl out as I progress in experience....

15. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@1lonewolf
    Thank you and you're welcome "Burnin Freak"!
    Whenever have a chance, spread the knowledge!
    $40 for a 50 pk is waaay too expansive. look for weekly sale, you will find good deals.
    Happy burning!
    Cheeres.