1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Executer LED4 light turns off when I set external switch to Enable

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by o5_pro, Sep 9, 2003.

1. o5_pro

o5_pro Member

Can someone help? I don't know if I'm doing this right. My xbox is manufactured in May of 2003. According to the guides I have followed my xbox version is 1.3. I have aligned the chip and I know this because the LED4 (yellow light) and the two blue ones on the chip are ON. However, when I set the external switch to enable, the LED4 switch shuts off. I thought this is how it was but when I tried to flash my chip the xbox couldn't recognize the CD-RW I put in it. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What bios are you flashing it with? Did you construct it correctly? The light is suppsoed to go off.

3. o5_pro

o5_pro Member

I'm not at the point of flashing yet because not it FRAGs. I scratched the d0 point, got all the lights ON..when I switch the dip to ENABLE the xbox restarts twice then FRAGS....am I missing something?

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Un hook the switch. When I flashed my xecuter 2.2 lite+, a guide told me to flash the chip without the switch hooked up. If the switch is unhooked, do you get a cromwell bios screen? What kind of chip do you have?

5. o5_pro

o5_pro Member

I have not had the Cromwell BIOS come up yet...but I think it's because I have had the switch hooked up all this time. I'm going to try what you've suggested...see if that works...wish me luck...
    by the way...I have the Executer 2.2 LITE Plus

6. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Leave the switch unhooked. Get Bios 4977. Get Xbox bios manger. and build a 1 meg bios. Then Flash. If you need help I will e-mail you some stuff JUST PM me with your e-mail address.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003