1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

experienced help needed!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kenzlee, Mar 13, 2005.

1. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

Ok here we go...my power supply went out on my xbox so when i bought a new power supply i went ahead and bought and xecuter2.3b. the first problem was that i bought one of those powers supplys for all xbox models(at the time) for versions 1.1-1.5. i got the power supply, installed it, installed the mod chip, turned it on and....nothing. after some examinations i realize that even though this power supply does have the connections for 1.1 and 1.2-1.5(i have a 1.2-1.5) the wires for the power connection had the wires coming out and was not built right. so i tried to exchange it, the guy was a dick and wouldn't take it back blah blah. so i bought a new power supply, got it yesterday, installed this morning.(note: i don't think it matters but my original power supply was a delta and the new is a foxlink, same connections though) as soon as i have it installed i plug up my xbox (minus hardrive and dvd drive) and turn it on, AHHHH POWER!!! its on, it boots, i'm good to go! or am i? the nvidia gpu starts smoking!!!! wtf......so now im stuck i've got everything i need to do what i want. slayers installer and all. as soon as it started smoking i turned it off and unplugged it. so here's where i'm at i've spent a s*** load of money on this xbox and now i have a burnt nvidia gpu. i need some help you guys. what should i do? install everything and see what happens? is my mobo gone? my wife will not let me spend anymore money on this thing i know. i'm stuck people please help me! thank you in advance for any help on this.

specs: xbox (v 1.2-1.5)
    seagate Hardrive
    samsung dvd drive
    focus chip
    came with delta ps, foxlink installed now
    xecuter2.3b mod chip

2. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

what version is your xbox, microsoft is having a recall on some older versions of the xbox's power supply because people's houses are getting on fire. you can order one for free, no cost to you and microsoft will pay the shipping to you, but only if it is one of the older versions. to see if you qualify to get a free one, you will need the Serial Number (found on the back of the xbox) and the xbox' Manufacturing Date. here is the website to get one only if you live in the U.S.A.
    https://replacements.webprogram.com/en-us/programoverview.asp

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  3. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

actually i believe that is power cord only and not power supply. and also my power supply is not smoking it is my nvidia gpu located on the motherboard. so i'm not sure what to do

4. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

yes i belive it is the cord my fault, but you should really think about buying one from ebay, they have pretty good prices, EX: xbox system, 4 games, 1 s controller, and xbox x connect (let's you play ps2 controller on the xbox) and a microphone for only 115 including shipping, but that was one of the best deals i've seem but they do sell at good prices, and i am sorry i could not help about your old xbox, but i thought that was the reason, sorry

5. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

i appreciate the help anyways. i may just have to buy a new one.....that really sucks

6. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005