1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiencing Difficulty Using DVD RB and CCE? If So, Then Ask Your Questions Here.

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

happyuser

You can't teach anyone because no one will listen to you anymore. You've proven yourself to be anything but a teacher. If you'd been more considerate then you would have been welcomed whether you are wrong or right but you chose instead to try and subdue us by calling us down.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

In every dialogue and discourse, we must be able to say to those who take offence, "Of what do you complain?"

Pensees Section III: of the Necessity of the Wager[/small]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

According to jdobbs (on this very thread last night):

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
    DVD Rebuilder Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial_advanced.cfm[/small]

3. happyuser

happyuser Guest

Sophocles, you dishonsty !
    Your childish behavior only offends other people.
    Look into your conscience and see if you have been an enough responsible person.

Sophocles
    I rather be "loud mouth" and "ignorant" than be not knowing anything about specifications and video encodings and even about this DVD-Rebuilder like you had been and are.

4. happyuser

happyuser Guest

vurbal and jdobbs
    As I had already said, this DVD-Rebuilder truncated six ( 6 ) frames out of the original 29.976 frames per second before feeding the new 23.976 fps into CCE. If you have already lost six ( 6 ) frames per second, then why not take advantage of the standard video specification of 23.976 progressive film to encode these new ( pure interlaced ) 23.976 fps as PROGRESSIVE after properly deinterlacing them.

5. vurbal

You've said lots of things. You just haven't proven anything. I'd be willing to bet you won't get around to it before getting banned either.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

wasted space!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

In every dialogue and discourse, we must be able to say to those who take offence, "Of what do you complain?"

7. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I'm going to try to move this along ... as I can't possibly see where happyuser has anything of substance to add at this point. IMO, all I see now is an effort to have the last word...

So, moving along, I'd like to get some clarification on the Batch feature of Rebuilder...which is quite nice. I ran 3 consecutive files. Each had a separate source and working path folder. RB gave each project a .rbd file extension, and I placed these 3 .rbd's in a folder I named Batch. All 3 movies processed without error. After all was done, only the last movie had any files in its designated working path folder.

QUESTION: I am wondering if each working path folder needs to have its own separate directory folder in order to make batch processing work?

8. vurbal

I'm not sure if I'm following you. Do you use a single common folder for your working path (ie all projects use C:\Working or something like that)? If so, then yeah that's you're problem. You'd have to change it to something like C:\Working\Movie1, C:\Working\Movie2, etc,... Otherwise each new encode will just overwrite the previous one.

9. happyuser

happyuser Guest

Sophocles
    Your still childish behavior only make people more offending.
    Or maybe your inferior knowledge level about the subject being discuss makes you jealous of other people.

10. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

As I said...he's gotta get the last word...

Anyway, for a working path file, I create folders with a shorthand name of the movie and essentially a note of what is in it.

Source: C:\Ben-DeC, Cool-DeC, Romeo-DeC
    Working: D:\Ben-cce, Cool-cce, Romeo-cce
    Batch file: C:\Batch

As you can see, each movie had a corresponding working path folder. All 3 .drb file extensions went into the same Batch folder, however. Then I launched the app.

11. vurbal

Hmmm, that doesn't seem right. Unfortunately I can't help you much there since I use RBFarm for all my encodes, partly because it has its own batch capabilities.

12. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks. I'll play with it some more.

13. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

@happyuser

Your really need to listen more carefully and get your facts straight. Pretty much everything you've said here is incorrect. DVD-RB never truncates anything. The total number of frames stays the same. Also, if a source is interlaced it is encoded as interlaced at 23.976 fps. Encoding at 23.976 does not imply progressive.

I don't care who gets the last word -- but I also don't want these types of fallacies perpetuated.

I am very confident I know what I'm talking about and I am intimately familiar with the standards as I have them on a shelf before me.

14. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I thought you needed seperate folders in batch mode or else the last movie would be the only one to survive. I think jdobbs referenced this some posts back.

15. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

@Doc409
    Before saving the project files, make sure the output directory is unique for each project. Before DVD-RB processes a unit, it clears the specified output directory.

16. 64026402

64026402 Active member

jdobbs

I was confused about the frame rate previously but your explanation was clear. I don't undestand why happygilmore doesn't just admit he's wrong and go away.

Rebuilder has been working flawlessly for me.
    Thanks.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

Am I ever glad you guys posted the information regarding batch mode, because I was preparing one tonight, my first, and I might have selected a single folder for my files.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

18. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

happyuser -
    are you kidding me, you'd rather know about video encoding than be known as a loudmouth or ignorant??
    I dont know the first thing about video encoding but from what I can see, you're an idiot and very inconsiderate of others who are only here to help. I've had 2 senior members request you be banned and thats good enough for me. buh bye.

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Party time:)

20. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

@sophocles
    I'd like to say I've learned this lesson from experience... but since I still forget sometimes (and I wrote the code) "learned" probably wouldn't be accurate.