1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explorer 8300HD er.50

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by AssKlown, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

I think I just posted something about this in the wrong forum - my apoligies, but here we go again.

Obtained an 8300hd pvr from a friend who said it wouldn't boot. Plugged her in, and immediately it says er.50 followed by frla on the display. Then starts the hex countdown starting with r4XX. Once the countdown is done (takes about 7-8 mins) it says Proc, then says boot, then starts all over again with the same error code: er.50, frla, then hex countdown. I've already swapped out the hard drive, using an equivilent 160gb from another pvr and same deal. I've also tried booting without the hard drive, same deal.

Box is on the Rogers Network, not currently assigned to anyone. I'm trying to boot the box into brick mode (----) so then its ready to be provisioned. Anyone know what this error is, or what its related to?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.