1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"explorer.exe" HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by niddubtuq, Nov 12, 2006.

1. niddubtuq

niddubtuq Member

hey everyone! i have a perfectly g00d and new PC, windows XP, 3 Ghz, 1 GB ram, and yeah...but recently i installed Explorer 7 and WMP 11..and i dont know if the cause was from upgradin those 2 programs but now everytime i go to Task Manager and check i notice "explorer.exe" is always around 37,000 KB to 45,000 KB Memory Usage, and that is totally not normal for me, and its really bothering me =/ and usually its always 15,000 KB to 25,000 KB. Any ideas what is wrong? And what i should do to make my "explorer.exe" go back to normal memory usage?

[​IMG]

2. niddubtuq

niddubtuq Member

i hope someone will help, till then, i hope someone knows what my dilemma is, and knows how to fix it, ill be really thankful!

thanks in advance

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Explorer runs the Windows shell...the more icons, themes, sounds, large wallpapers you have going....the more memory it will take to run it.

I also noticed that you have quite a few of unnecessary programs running like iTunesHelper..etc, you might want to take a look into your startup configuration and disable a few of them. That will also help Explorer.

4. niddubtuq

niddubtuq Member

hmm thanks! ill see what i can do...but whats weird is that ive had the same things running and all before also, and explorer.exe was like 15,000 kb - 25,000 all the time...its never been constant at around 37,000 kb to 45,000 kb...hmm =/

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006