1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

export to tape problem

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by james_h01, Mar 18, 2004.

1. james_h01

james_h01 Member

I am using Premiere 7 Pro on Windows XP (with SP1 and Panasonic patch from Microsoft) connected via a Startech CB1394(VIA Chipset) OHCI IEEE-1394 Compliant Firewire Home DV Editing Kit(Cardbus for laptop) to a Panasonic NV-DS65B camcorder.

I am able to capture footage ok from the camcorder, but I am having problems sending edited footage back to the camcorder.

When I select the export to tape option to send my edited footage back to the camcorder, the 'export to tape' dialogue box appears and Premiere takes control of my camcorder, causing it to start recording (as expected). The problem is that no video or audio appears at the camera(i.e. no video appears on the viewfinder or on the camcorder tape).

I have eliminated the Firewire cable, the camcorder and the Adobe Premiere software from being the cause of the problem by carrying out the following tests:

1) I have exported footage from an Apple Mac to the camcorder without any problems using the same firewire cable.

2)I have also tried exporting footage from my PC to another camcorder which results in exactly the same problem as with my camcorder(can capture, but can't export).

3) I have tried exporting video using Ulead Videostudio 7, but it displays exactly the same problem as Premiere.

This leads me to believe the problem is caused by either the Firewire card, a video codec I have installed (maybe some weird Windows Media security thing?) or Windows XP - or a combination of all 3 things.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this problem?.

2. DVMaster

DVMaster Member

Have you figured out what the problem was? I'm having the same issue with my new Sony TRV33.

If anyone knows what he cause of this is please post. I have been reading forum after forum and it seem many have the same problem but there are no solutions.

3. james_h01

james_h01 Member

My problem turned out to be a fault with the cardbus controller on my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 2650). Downloading a software patch fixed my problem and I can now transfer video from my pc to my camcorder.

This site explains the problem and provides the software patch as a free download:

http://home.insightbb.com/~scottlandon/

Hope this helps.