1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thormotox, Apr 21, 2005.

1. thormotox

thormotox Guest

Helllo,
    I am looking to buy an external dvd burner for my lab top to increase my dvd collection a little bit. I was wondering if anyone could give me some reviews on the Sony DRX-710UL or any other external burners that you use. Any information would be helpful.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah don't get it!! I mean it they are nothing but trouble. You can simply do a search here at AD for that drive and find that out.

Go with any of these

1> Memorex External 16x16 Dual-Format, Double-Layer Recorder
    2> BenQ EW1621
    3> I/O Magic 16x DVD?RW/?R Dual Format/Double Layer

The drives that are designed as internal drives, and are simply stuck inside an enclosure don't seem to work as good as these.

3. toney420

toney420 Guest

I have a Plextor external burner and love it to death. With the help of A.D. I haven't had a bad burn yet. BBMayo knows what he is talking about so do your research and go with whats best for you.

4. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I have the Plextor 716 external burner, best drive I have ever owned, easy to set up, not a problem at all with it

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have a Lite-on 1633SX and really like it, it replaced the 16x I/O Magic that I had for 4 months and gave me nothing but grief. Sent it back to mfr. and still crashed the computer. It has an ali chipset which can be flaky. I run the Lite-on on an emachine laptop and it works great.

6. thormotox

thormotox Guest

i think im going to buy the Memorex External 16x16 Dual-Format/ Double-Layer Recorder, what disks would you recommended to use? or is it just a trail and erroe thing?

7. thormotox

thormotox Guest

i think im going to buy the Memorex External 16x16 Dual-Format/ Double-Layer Recorder, what disks would you recommended to use? or is it just a trail and error thing?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Fuji, Sony, Maxell all are good.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  10. thormotox

thormotox Guest

thanks very much

11. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

I own the LG Super Multi GSA-5160D (External usb 2 / firewire) and recommend it highly as well.

I've dragged it all over the house from machine to machine and it's never disappointed me yet.

You can usually find it or the later versions at Sam's Club's too, if that helps to know.

Happy Burning!

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Man that Aviator is just scary ^^^^^^^

:)

13. memfrican

memfrican Member

Hey, I have an HP Pavillion 700 machine, and I wanted to get a Dual Layer external dvd drive. How do I know if it's compatible with my machine? Do I need to have a USB 2.0 port? Let me know ASAP! Thanks.

14. memfrican

memfrican Member

Yea, I just ordered the Memorex External 16x16 Dual-Format/ Double-Layer Recorder as well. I hope that this drive rocks. The features are stacked. Going to get some dvdr disc now.

15. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member