1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Data Storage for a Website

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by borhan9, Dec 1, 2012.

1. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi All,

I know its been awhile since my last post etc... I have been working on a website of my own currently and have come to kinda of a small snag and would like some help please.

Basically the web host only has a limited amount of storage avaliable and i was wondering if anyone knew of an external site that i could place my pdf files onto and then place a hyperlink for users to click on and then download the file from.

I know about the cloud solutions i have looked into them and if i was going to go with a cloud solution i would just go with drop box.

I was wondering if there is anything else out there is limitless and free or is there any other software that i could use to get the snag fixed??

Thanks in advance :)

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What do you have against using cloud storage for this? I'm just curious.

I mean a host that offers un-metered bandwidth/storage on their free hosting accounts would be x10hosting, for example. I'm not sure how they'd feel about you using the account as a file dump if it's going to be generating a lot of traffic though.

Or you could host your own server with Apache and keep them there, if you're comfortable with the security risks potentially involved I suppose.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Thanks for the response Ripper much appreciated. I posted the question also on the web hosting site i am waiting to see what they come back with so far they though i meant the videos but my questions related to the documents.

I may have to go with the cloud option. Ill have a look at this x10hosting site as well.

Cheers