1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external hard drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by westy72, Jan 11, 2007.

1. westy72

westy72 Guest

I have recently added a 250gb external hard drive to my computer to try to improve its speed. I transferred all my photos and music (except the itunes music) with hope that this would make the computer run faster. The problem is that since i did this the computer is running slower then ever and is giving me a lot of error messages (mostly when i am trying to use the net, it will tell me that the program has encountered an error and needs to close)
    When i put the hard drive on it was supposed to automatically install the software required but it didnt. When i tried to find the software to install i somehow installed two programs - Picasa and google desktop.
    What have i doen wrong and how can i get mu computer up and running at it best speed???

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well Picasa is just a picture sharing program By Google, which is also where the Google desktop most likely came from.
    So you can probably go into your control panel to the add/delete programs function and get rid of them.
    How installing an external hard drive effected you internet is hard to say because unless you moves a file that it needs to use they should have nothing to do with each other.

also you could try doing a system restore and use a restore point
    before the time you installed the HDD and everything was ok.
    Then this time try installing the HDD again.
    My external, when plugged into USB and turned on automatically sets itself up on any conputer, if your doesn't then try the manufacturers web page to see if they have the software for download.