1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Harddrive issues

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 3CPO, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 3CPO

3CPO Member

Alright folks heres the deal.. i have a 320GB Hammer Storage external hard drive with about 100gigs in use. I've only had it for about 2 months and it has worked great. I accidently knocked it on its side a few days ago like literally it dropped on its side and now it sometimes makes a clicking noise. Its kindof random, no big deal and not the issue at hand.
    Ok so there is this folder in the external that i can't access and i want to delete. Whenever i go to open the folder to see whats inside it turns the window to non responsive and i need to close out the windows currently in use. I have gone as far as secluding the folder that i want to delete so its the folder i want to delete inside another folder but i can't access the folder or delete it because its saying that the folder is not empty so i can't delete it. Also whenever i point the mouse on the folder or go to open it the window becomes not responsive and the clicking noise continues.
    I'm not sure as what to do go about ridding my external of this folder or what would be in the folder that would not let me delete it. Any help would be immensely appreciated!!

2. 3CPO

3CPO Member

can anybody make sense of what i'm tryin to say.. or have any idea of what my problem is?