1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external HD for Dish

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Datman, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Datman

Datman Member

dishnetwork has an option. You can connect a hd to the reciever and use it as storage for HD PVR recordings. The hard drive is formated in an unknown format (by me) and windows can not read it. I want to copy those files to a computer and burn to dvd (480i,480p)is there a program that will allow windows to access the dish external hard drive?

2. Dwantu

Dwantu Member

I have PIV622. Whatever you copy to external HD is encrypted. The EHD is formatted in Linux. I can read and transfer its contents to my PC (winddows XP) but cannot do anything to it. What you can do is to play the program you recorded and re-recorded to another DVD recorder using s-video. The recorded DVD will play in 16:9 format on HDTV with exceptional picture.

3. Datman

Datman Member

that's how I'm doing it now. I capture it using svideo output played in realtime. I am still hoping I will find a program to convert it to something I can use. That would speed up the processing time.